Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paying for premium, but seeing ads for Spotify podcasts on Home tab

Paying for premium, but seeing ads for Spotify podcasts on Home tab

Why exactly is Spotify showing me ads for their podcasts in the Home tab of the app when I am a paid Premium subscriber? I was under the impression that paying for Premium provides an ad-free experience, but apparently this is no longer the case. Not only do I have no interest in listening to these podcasts, I have no interest in listening to any podcasts on Spotify due to their long-standing refusal to add basic podcast management features. I did not sign up for a $15/mo family plan so I could see a big banner ad as soon as I open the app. Fix this.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 12

IMG_0618.PNG
IMG_0619.PNG
IMG_0620.PNG
1 Reply

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

These are recommendations about features and content Spotify thinks the user might like, not actual ads. However if you don't like them I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

I also noticed that you linked to an Idea thread which is marked as a "New Idea". In this case, I'd encourage you to add your vote and any input there and to follow it so you can stay updated regarding the status of that idea. 

You can also check this Spotify Answer here to find more info on how the Ideas Exchange works.

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts