Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Personal Artist page too cluttered due to singly liked songs

Personal Artist page too cluttered due to singly liked songs

My Question or Issue

Dear Community and Spotify support,

I have been asking myself over and over the same question, maybe I oversee the functionality, or maybe its not there, either way I would really like some help?!

My problem with spotify functionality:

I like to use my artist page for starting to listen to my music, but also like to discover allot of music. Every time I like and add 1 song (from for example the discover weekly list) that 1 song shows up in my playlist or in the directed playlist. That's cool and works for me, but what I dont like is, from that moment on, also the artist of that 1 songs shows up on the my artist page.

So the problem is, my whole artist page is becomed cluttered with artists were I only want 1 song from in my playlists.

How the **bleep** can I remove the artist from showing on the artist page, without removing there 1 song I really like from my playlists??

Any one have this same issue and is there an easy fix or work around to solve?

All suggestion are greatly appreciated,

Happy listening! 

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

(iPhone Xs)

Operating System

(iOS newest)

3 Replies

Hi @Nico911 and welcome to the Spotify Community! 🙂

From what you are describing, it sounds like you are viewing your most recently played artists on your profile. You can toggle this option off on your iphone in the Social setting if you'd like (screenshot).

You shouldn't have to remove any songs- as any artist you play will likely appear here if the option to show it is on.
Feel free to reply if this doesn't quite fit and I can try to assist some more. 
Have a wonderful day! 🙂

57160088_650380638766081_1432957040208117760_n.jpg

Helo Bethany_03, thank you for youre reply. Unfortunately all my social setting are off from the beginning, so that was not the problem or the solution. 

Spotify automaticlty add all the artists of any song that you add to your favourites / songs playlist. 

Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 11.58.02.png

Hey there @Nico911,

Thanks for reaching out abou this in the Community!

It sounds like when you like a song, the artist of that song gets added to your Artists list. 

Keep in mind that we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means that soon, Your Library should contain only artists that you follow. Saving an album or song shouldn't automatically save the artist 🙂

You can find more about this here.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else you'd like help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts