Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Phone not showing up in devices/ can't sync songs iphone 5s

Phone not showing up in devices/ can't sync songs iphone 5s

I got a new phone for my birthday the iphone 5s and everything worked well until I tried to sync a song to it.

The song syncs onto my computer but not to my phone.

I looked for help and I have tried everything posted: check if on same wi-fi, not connected tocable, I have over 10GB available on my memory, restarted everything, reinstalled spotify on computer and phone, I'm on the same account on both, logged in and out on both, and I'm pretty sure its not the router used to work great and nothing has changed besides the fact that I got I new iphone.

This issue has been going on for over two weeks now and I am pretty much over it and am considering leaving if do not get what am paying for which hate since really like spotify.

😞  Sucks!!

3 Replies

as far as i was aware you can do it with a usb cable. but anyways i had same problem with android phones. i know its different but its worth a try. 

first make sure spotify is properly closed down on the phone and computer and that they are both on the same wifi network. (the computer cannot be hardwired to the router) 

next open spotify on the computer then when its loaded up, open spotify on the iphone and your phone should appear in the devices box (also make sure both login details are the same) if it doesnt appear, on the iphone app. go into settings and under playback set offline mode to ON and wait till it says spotify is in Offline mode. 

next set offline mode back to OFF it should then appear in the devices tab on the computer (also if you had any pending downloads it sometimes kicks them into action as well:) hope this helps. let me know how u get on.

i have never used spotify on an OS device before so i dont know if this will help. or if the app is the same as it is on the Android devices but hope i could help somehow 🙂 

You can't sync iPhones, iPad or android devices by cable.

Also make sure that any firewalls on your computer including Windows firewall are disabled.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

i don't know how, but it worked (also iphone)
thanks

Suggested posts