Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pioneer SMA A1 Issue Spotify Connect

Solved!

Pioneer SMA A1 Issue Spotify Connect

Hey, So i have this problem with my Pioneer Speaker, it has the New Firmware, Lastest version at my iPhone, iPad. 

So for a little time, shows the Spotify Connect Icon, I just tapped and it's gone, I tried everything, Hard Reboot, Powercycle, everything, but it's seems that is not working, and tried to deleted and download the app 2 times,

What should i do?

I have a SMA-A1 Speaker.

A iPad 4gth and an iPhone 4. (iOs 7) 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have seen this on occasion, but it has either been fixed by reinstalling the Spotify app and then restarting my device (by holding the home and lock buttons) or by re configuring the network settings on the speaker (so connect it to the WiFi again).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi. Could you be more specific with the iOS versions you are running on both devices together with the spotify versions? I assume you have an active premium subscription - can you stream to the speaker through airplay?

Did you follow the instructions in the speaker manual, including the throubleshooting section?

Look 

iPad 4 Retina (7.1) 

iPhone 4 (7.1) Latest Version 

Spotify (0.9.4) 

And Yes, i can stream to the speaker with airplay.

I need to say, that i used to use Spotify Connect, and it was perfect, until one day, that started to give me this issue.

And yes, i tried too the manual troubleshooting, but nothing happen..

Right now i'm using Spotify, and it shows the Spotify Connect icon, but it just don't connect, I don't know what to do...

Thanks. Have you made any changes recently such as installing a new antivirus or firewall which coud be causing this? Does connect work between the two iOS devices? If so, try unplugging the speaker for 5 minutes and plug it back in. If that doesn't do it, I would suggest contacting Pioneer support.

Hey, so i use Mac OS X, so i don't install a new antivirus or Firewall, i'm going to try the 5 min thing, thanks a lot. Yes, Connects good with my iPad and iPhone, Just one time, had a problem with my ipad, because just put the music but didn't sound at the Speaker, so i need to restart just various times the Speaker, until work...

Do you know who can i put the original firnware at the speaker? 

Didn't work, so i just going to refuse to fix it, and i'm going to use the Airplay, but thanks a lot. 

Marked as solution

I have seen this on occasion, but it has either been fixed by reinstalling the Spotify app and then restarting my device (by holding the home and lock buttons) or by re configuring the network settings on the speaker (so connect it to the WiFi again).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Anyone else with this problem?

When you open Spotify app on phone and connect to speaker. After some times Spotify app goes into sleep mode, so app won't update song information. You want to open app to queue track and immediately song skips to next when app is open again.

Annoying problem.

I use this speaker however as radio and I do not use much Queue options, as I listen my Hands Up & Dancecore playlist like radio station pumping.

Suggested posts