Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play All Songs of Single Artist

Play All Songs of Single Artist

How is it possible to play all songs of a single artist in random order? If you click shuffle on an artists page not all songs get played, maybe just the 30 top rated songs. If i search for a artist and then instead of clicking the artists page go to "all songs" i see every song, but when i play them every song gets repeated on iphone ... So it is not possible to listen to different songs without clicking on every of them. Also "repeat" button is turned off. Can someone help?
34 Replies

Hey @kayamurer.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here 🙂

You're right: if you click on the Shuffle Play button in an artist's profile on iOS, you'll only get about 30 songs by that artist added to your queue (on desktop it's 60).

This is one of the ways in which to shuffle the songs of an artist, however many popular artists also have Spotify-curated playlists called "This Is", where you can find a list of selected tracks by the artist.

Currently there isn't a way to shuffle an artist's entire discography, however we're always open to new ideas 🙂 The best way to get your idea noticed and considered is if you create an idea for it in the Community by going here - that way, other users will also be able to vote for it.

As for the repeat issue you're experiencing, could you try a quick reinstall of the app and see if that fixes it? If not, could you let us know the exact Spotify version your device is running? We'll look into it 🙂

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing back from you.

How is it not possible to easily play all songs by an artist in iOS on Spotify in 2019? Why is there not an “all songs” or why can’t top songs just have all songs in order of most popular to least popular? Why can’t I order all songs by anything other than what Spotify says is the top songs? Why must one create a playlist or listen to a “This is...” for an artist? Why does this UI leave me feeling  powerless at the whims of whatever features the Spotify devs decide to implement? Argh. 

I'm not a coder, but I'm nearly certain providing the ability to randomly shuffle all songs by an artist is one of the easiest things to program. No fancy analytics needed. No algorithms. No thought. Simply dump all songs into a bucket and randomly select them out of a virtual hat. 

The fact the demand is out there and it's routinely ignored is because Spotify has decided not to have the feature. I'm guessing there's monetary reasons from the artists and record labels. I doubt this is purely a consumer-centric decision. 

Luckily, for most artists, folks have compiled all the songs and I can shuffle those (although their shuffle feature is also wonky, but I digress). 

One day!

This is crazy, I just came from Google play, they seem to be able to do it.  There should be 2 options after searching for an artist - <artist> radio and Only <artist>.  I get you’ll probably have to steal more storage from the device and I get there has to be some limit - 2 300 seems reasonable 

Lol and that is the way it used to be. I think this is their way to force people into listening to their horribly curated playlists.

In the meantime I switched to Apple Music, which offers this feature. I am fully satisfied and the features are almost identical to those of Spotify. The only thing I miss are the automatic song suggestions to add new songs to existing playlists.

I am having this issue on both PC and iOS. One of the big reasons I dropped my subscription for Pandora, and bought a subscription to Spotify was so that I could listen to all the songs of an artist.

I listen to music while I work, and requiring me to go each album one by one is a distraction from work and is a problem for my productivity.

Please add the ability to listen to all of an artists songs.

I run software development company, and this does not sound to me like a hard feature to add.

Best

Will

You would try to have people believe that the ability to play all songs by an artist is a “new idea”? Why don’t try being honest for once and simply say “we’re not going to implement this”? New idea, indeed. 

•  Ridiculous that you can’t do this.  Google play has it, looks like Apple Play has it, why not Spotify?  I’m not going to create my own.  I don’t want something that the band or someone else made up that contains only what they want you to hear.  We want the ability to select an artist and listen to all their music, period.  Or at least a transparent reason why you are unwilling or prohibited from doing this with no BS like storage on the device.

I was honestly shocked when I discovered that you cannot play all songs of a single artist and have to rely on some "top tracks" that was assembled by some almighty algorithm. Coming from Deezer that had this feature since the very beginning, this is quite the news that in 2020 Spotify is unable to implement such a simple thing. And who the **bleep** thought it would be good idea to list all songs in a  search result as a single queue with this one song? How this was even approved by management? You have lost me as your customer today

Capture.PNG

I'm seriously getting to the end of my patience with Spotify over little nuances like this.  They are adding up rapidly.  I do not give one ounce of rat sh*t about your damn playlists and suggested tracks or top rated bs.  I pay good money and want to listen to what I CHOOSE.  Please add the simple ability to listen to all songs by an artist.  

Im missing this Feature too. And only for this I will switch to other competitors. It’s really embarrassing to install such simple mechanisms for abusing the own users.

I know you can sometimes look up an artist or band under playlists, and find a playlist of their whole discography made by the artist or someone else. You can listen to most or all of the songs when you shuffle the playlist. If there is not a playlist you can make your own and add all of an artist’s songs to it. 

@Peter what's it going to take to add this feature? It's such a ridiculously obviously missing feature. Google Music made it a core feature and I used it every single day.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for getting in touch sharing your feedback.

As @Peter suggested, we recommend that you head over to the Idea Exchange and post a thread that requests the option to shuffle all songs by a specific artist. The Idea Exchange is the best way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. The more people +VOTE an idea, the more likely it is to get it implemented. This page explains how exactly your feedback reaches Spotify.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's wild that this isn't a basic feature. There have been many threads asking to add this basic feature in the past 7 years. 

Upvote this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-See-all-Songs-on-Artist-Page/idi-p/1204996

It's to see all songs of an artist on one page. 

I have this same request, is ridiculous this simple feature is not available... I will considder other options like Apple Music

It's not difficult once you figure out how. Here's how I do it:

• click on the artist's page, the one that shows all the albums and tracks
  • stop any music if it's playing
  • click on the shuffle icon at the bottom
  • select all by CTRL + A (not sure how you do this on the Mac)
  • hit play

Boom - all the tracks!

Hope this works for you Spotsters out there.

Suggested posts