Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play Feedback Sounds stopped working suddenly...

Play Feedback Sounds stopped working suddenly...

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 13 Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 15.3)

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

For the past 5 or 6 years that I have used Spotify the feedback sound that plays when I hit next was working fine (I would hear it when using wired earpods or plugged into my car via AUX or when using Bluetooth).  One day I was driving a different car and plugged my iPhone in via USB rather than AUX and it seems like over USB this sound effect does not play...  After using that car for a few days I went back to my car and started playing music via my AUX cable and the sound effect stopped working and hasn't worked since (maybe 2 months).

Here is what I have tried to do to fix this:

1. Turning the setting off and on (Settings > Playback > Play Feedback Sounds)
  2. Restarting my device
  3. Deleting the app and reinstalling the app
  4. Clearing the Spotify app's cache

What do you think happened and how can I get the feedback sound to play again?  I would love to get it working again via AUX at least, but I really want it to work anytime my phone is playing music.

19 Replies

Hi @h18,

Thank you for posting on the Community about this!

We haven't seen any recent reports about this issue, but there are some things we can suggest. The first thing would be running a clean reinstall with these specific steps, which will let you remove any old files or damaged cache from your phone.

If the issue persists after that, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the same happens? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi MafeG,

I completed a clean installation of Spotify using the exact steps provided in the link you listed.  Unfortunately it did not solve the problem, I listened to some music in my car and the Feedback sounds were still absent.

I also tried creating another free account and the problem was still present (but I confirmed "Play Feedback Sounds" was still toggled on).

Any other ideas of what could be going on?

Thanks for your help,

Hi @h18,

Thank you for your reply and running those tests. 

We'd like to have some more insights about this. Have you tested using other sound devices such as headphones or a speaker? 

Also, does this also happen when you change songs while the app is minimized? Currently, this function is set to work only when the app is running in the background.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Sure, I just tried with the following device, unfortunately none of them worked.  I did make sure to start playing music, then lock my phone and skip via the "widget" on my lock screen.  So it should be running in the background.

1. Airpods 2
  2. Wired Earpods
  3. Sonos Beam Airplay 2 speaker

Hey @h18,

Thanks for your reply. 

We have passed this on to the right folks. However, we can't commit to a timeframe for when or if this will change, however we suggest that you make sure to keep the app always updated.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have the exact same problem and tried the solutions you have suggested. But no results. Feedback sounds did not come back. It is frustrating…

Yes it is very frustrating...  I even tried factory resetting my iPhone and restoring from a backup and it did not work.  I realize that may have just reloaded what ever is broken in the software but I was willing to try just about anything to fix this. 

It seems once this bug happens it is here to stay unless you factory reset your iPhone and then start fresh (don't restore from a backup) and never connect anything but AUX to your phone.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs so far.

We've reported this to our internal teams, who'll look into it. If you haven't already, please provide us with the following details, so we can forward them to the right folks:

• Your device's model and OS version.
  • The version of your Spotify app.
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried.

Thanks! We'll keep you posted here as soon as there are any updates on this.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hello Spotify,

sadly i have the same problem with the Feedback Sounds

( in german: Rückmeldungstöne abspielen )

on iPhone & iPad and i can’t tell when they’re gone.

I did Reinstall = no change.

I want them back !

Please Support leave a reply if you notice my post and move it if there is another,

major post about this problem.

Kind regards

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Hello Spotify & other User(s),

sadly i have still problem with No-Feedback-Sound(s)

( in german: Rückmeldungstöne abspielen )

on my iPhone X & iPad7 (with latest OS) and i can’t tell when they’re gone.

I did Reinstall and test account= no change.

It worked like a charme with my wired JBL Headphones with wired remote… but they  vanished.

Bought new BT Headphones= no change.

Please , I want them back !

Any suggestions?

Thank you 

Kind regards

Hey @stefhanx,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Have you tried using your account on another iPhone to see if the feedback sounds are playing?

Could you also make sure you have the background app refresh turned on for Spotify on your iPhone? Here is how to do that

Also make sure to not have the battery saving mode turned on, like described here

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Henlo Dian & thanks for your support !

As i said i have tested with a fresh (test) account on both iPhone & iPad = no change

Also non of your suggestions above are/were disabled = no change.

additional information:
my iPad7 have lightning & 3.5mm jack = both still same problem (no change,difference)

in iOS settings i tried everything possible related to headphones setting,
and also deleted other (music) apps like YT = sadly no change

i have no further ideas...

i grew up with that sounds and it’s like missing something relevant for me (lol)

see ya

Hey @stefhanx, thanks for your reply here!

Hmm, got it. Feedback sounds will only play with wired headphones/speakers that are connected directly to your device. Just to double-check, does this only happen when you're using Bluetooth devices or also with wired devices? 

Keep me posted!

HuboSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Hubo

i just bought the BT Headphones to check if it's just a wired problem... But it's on both headphones & devices

You say Feedback sounds are NOT playing with BT ???  I can not imagine that

But this can only answer another user/empolyee !

maybe i need to buy another wired headphones to check this (i wanted anyway)

THX 

I just tested the iOS app with the setting "Feedback Sounds" turned to on under "Playback" settings and when I use wired headphones or Bluetooth, I do not hear any feedback sounds.

I usually have this option off so I do not remember how it works. But usually when this option was on you would hear sounds when the playback paused and started again.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hello MattSuda and thanks for testing & posting!

One question from me (if you want to answer): Are you from outside Germany?

Want to exclude if it’s just (maybe) a German Spotify App problem.

Thx

I am in the USA

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey there @stefhanx,

The right folks at Spotify are aware of this issue, but for now we don't have any info on an official fix date that we can share.

We'll let you know here as soon as we have any updates.

Take care.

AlexModerator

Hey @stefhanx 

Just letting you know that I merged your thread into this one so we can see all posts about this issue in one place to better track this issue.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts