Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play a playlist folder in ios

Solved!

Play a playlist folder in ios

I would just like to be able to play or shuffle a "playlist folder" like you can on the desktop app.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

We appreciate your feedback and have made sure that it reaches the right team. In the meantime, other users went ahead and posted this idea requesting the feature on our Exchange. We recommend that you +VOTE it to show your support. We'll share any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any, so it's worthwhile that you also subscribe.

You can find more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

18 Replies

To my knowledge, this is currently not a feature of the ios app, but sounds like a great idea! You can pitch it to the community and receive feedback. Once it gains enough popularity, it can be sent on to the developers! The Idea community can be found here!

thanks...i found it in the idea community and voted it up

Do you have a link to the suggestion in Ideas? If possible, please post so I can give it a like and so other readers can too and this issue can be resolved. Thank you.

SOLVED!

I believe I figured out how to do it, or at least it worked for me. I know this question may be old, but I was trying to figure it out, too, so here is my solution. If you have Spotify playing your playlist folder on your computer, then you turn Spotify on on your IPhone, it should say a message like "You are listening on [your computer's name]" and you have two choices a green/white "continue" or a black "Listen On This IPhone". You then want to choose "Listen On This IPhone", and it should play your folder on your phone. If you start playing a different playlist, you'll have to redo this, I believe. I know this is a pain, but it works. Good luck and please let me know how it works!

Thanks for this workaround, I'll use this untill a real solution comes by.

This _used_ to be a feature. I have an old iPad which I used specifically for this feature of playing a folder. Not sure why they removed it? Please bring it back!

I use this feature in the desktop version. Without a doubt one of the most important features. I would suggest to the Spotify team not to wait until people click Like but to lead and develop this option (which already exists on the desktop). The whole music world is built on the ability to hear a variety of songs.

I fully agree with this, I also work around it by applying the shuffle via the desktop app, but I cannot do this on the road. It would be great if this is also possible in the IOS (or Android) app.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

We appreciate your feedback and have made sure that it reaches the right team. In the meantime, other users went ahead and posted this idea requesting the feature on our Exchange. We recommend that you +VOTE it to show your support. We'll share any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any, so it's worthwhile that you also subscribe.

You can find more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, i was waiting since April 2021 for this feature, but still nothing. I created account here on community to be able to vote this and comment, I even tried to reach customer service if there is any progress for that, but they didn't tell me anything except to wait. So i want to remind you that lot of people need this, i also have my playlists prepared for this feature and all i need is to see the button on mobile. So please, add it 🙂 Thanks

Dear Spotify,
Any update on that subject would be nice...

I was so hoping that is not going to be the solution 😞
Thanks of course, but I figured it out as well, yet is a very limited solution.
It's like saying "gather all the songs from the folder in one playlist and that would be it"...

...But thats not exactly it, because - what if i add new playlist to folder 😕

Which have one simple solution. Take button that is already there in desktop app version and just show it on mobile app 🙂 simple? Not for spotify, obviously 😄 

Hi, any progress here? I tried Apple music for some time, but they dont have as much features as spotify, like control music from other device, so iam back at spotify

I had to remove all my favorite songs and like only the songs that are in my library so I will have a way to shuffle through the "songs you love category".
This is so frustrating.

Spotify, take care of this!

Hey Mihail, it's been a few years, when will this feature finally be implemented? 😂

I thought I am the only one who's still waiting for this.

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts