Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play downloaded music ONLY

Solved!

Play downloaded music ONLY

Hi folks,

I have had this "problem". OK, let's say I downloaded a couple of albums from Megadeth (a heavy metal band, for those who don't know it). Those albums will have their tracks with that green arrow in them, indicating that that song is downloaded.

If I have played any other albums by the same band, those albums will still be there, even though I didn't download them this time. These albums' tracks won't have the green arrow, for they haven't been downloaded. 

But then, I'm listening to that band on my way to work, and if one of the albums I downloaded finishes, it starts playing songs from the album I DID NOT DOWNLOAD, consuming mobile bandwidth, which is very expensive in my country. 

You can see on the screenshot I attached, that first, I am filtering my music by downloaded. On the second screenshot, you can see that after one album finishes, the flow is to start another record which is NOT downloaded. The way I see it, that album shouldn't be displayed and, after the last song from a downloaded album finishes, it should start the first downloaded song after it.

Is there a way I can put it like: play only downloaded music?

Thanks

Screenshot_2016-06-29-14-32-24.png
Screenshot_2016-06-29-14-32-41.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community! If you'd like to disable streaming over cellular services you just have to navigate to 'Settings > Mobile Data' and there you just flip the Spotify switch. That way you'll know for sure Spotify won't use any mobile data but still works over Wi-Fi. Spotify will/can only play downloaded songs then. Good luck and have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community! If you'd like to disable streaming over cellular services you just have to navigate to 'Settings > Mobile Data' and there you just flip the Spotify switch. That way you'll know for sure Spotify won't use any mobile data but still works over Wi-Fi. Spotify will/can only play downloaded songs then. Good luck and have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Hmmm that could be a solution, but then I won't be able to scrobble to
Last.fm, will I? Does Spotify keep a cache of songs played and then, when I
connect to wifi it will scrobble all songs at once?

Thanks

Nope, unfortunately Last.FM scrobbeling won't work when offline. I'm sorry. However, someone posted an idea that does just this, you can give votes to this idea here. Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Thanks. I just voted that idea up. 😄 

Best regards.

This setting is no lnoger there - I love this idea !  Did spotify remove this setting on purpose ?!

Suggested posts