Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play list stuck on "loading"

Solved!

Play list stuck on "loading"

I recently lost my synced local files on my iphone Spotify app (maybe due to upgrading IOS or something). So, I did like I always do and I imported an itunes playlist to the desktop app. My normal next step is to then sync the phone to the desktop app so that the files are local. However, the playlist on the phone just says "loading". It has said it for several days now. I've tried everything - logging out, shutting the phone off, deleting the app, shutting the computer down, etc and nothing works. The playlist looks fine on the desktop app, but just says "loading" on the phone. I've had Spotify for a year or more and have always had synced local files on it without issue. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@JonCr my suggestion here is why not try to do away with the local tracks and try to get all of the playlists to load, and than after that, add in the tracks bit by bit.. I think you have a lot of tracks since its taking really long to load.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@JonCr As the app has just updated to Spotify 1.6, you might have to follow this steps for a complete flush on your device:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

Also clear off Safari’s Cache under iPhone/iPad Settings > Safari and Clear all of the caches.
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I've tried this with no success. When I move playlists around on the desktop app, the change is also made in the iOS app, so I know it's talking to each other. I wish I could figure this out as I use the syncing to get around the limits on number of songs.

@JonCr After re-reading your message, I realised that maybe the app is trying to sync all your local files inside the app so it prob went crazy.. Why not you create a separate playlist for local files and sync that only?
I'm here to shuffle!

@jeremygoh that is exactly what I do. Let me describe my process - maybe you can see the issue.

1. I make a playlist in iTunes on my Mac of the songs I want to sync as local.

2. I open the Spotify desktop app and import the iTunes playlist.

3. I open the iOS app and the playlist appears there.

4. I go to the device section of the desktop app and select that playlist to be synced.

That is all I usually do, but now it is hung up on step 3 and step 4 won't let you choose that playlist to sync.
Marked as solution

@JonCr my suggestion here is why not try to do away with the local tracks and try to get all of the playlists to load, and than after that, add in the tracks bit by bit.. I think you have a lot of tracks since its taking really long to load.
I'm here to shuffle!

Looks like you're right - I had a large playlist that apparently was too large for Spotify to digest. I broke it into a bunch of smaller playlists and they showed up fine on the phone. This is a new limitation - older versions of spotify handled the same large playlist with no issue. Thanks for the help!

Suggested posts