Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play local files from Spotify Desktop and play it on mobile (without Connect)

Play local files from Spotify Desktop and play it on mobile (without Connect)

l just accidentally did it right now. Im using premium so i have Connect. I have local files on Spotify Desktop then i played it on my iphone. But i closed the spotify desktop but it still plays on my Iphone.

How is that possible? And how can i do it again? Or that really is possible? Do i have to open desktop AND my iphone the same time to play local files?

3 Replies

Hello!

You can play local files on a mobile device following these steps:

1. Add the local files you want to a playlist.
  2. On your mobile set that playlist available for offline mode.
  3. The local file should get synced and you should be able to play it anytime you want.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Hi, why cant i just use the "Local Files" folder thats already on my mobile app? It says 0 songs and "install spotify on desktop" but on my desktop app, the local files playlist has songs. Or do i have to press a button to manually sync it?

Hey @jeffmangum

The local files represent the songs you have on a device.

For instance, your PC has the local files folder with some songs because you have those songs on the PC.

You don't see those songs on your mobile because it doesn't have any songs on the music app (which would be the files that appear here).

When you add one of the local files to a playlist and then set that playlist for offline usage on your mobile device, that song will get synced and you will be able to hear it without connection on your mobile.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Suggested posts