Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback failed- not able to play video in you current location

Playback failed- not able to play video in you current location

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone X, IOS 11.4.1

Spotify version 

8.4.**bleep**.787

My Question or Issue

whenever i try to play a song that has a video i get this⬇️ and I’ve tried restarting my phone and and reinstalling Spotify but nothing works and It’s annoying as **bleep**

10BDE69E-FA72-4239-9C1B-30FA926F7308.png

3 Replies

Hey @Andy88, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That error message means that those videos aren't available in your country therefore you can't play them 🙂

I'd also recommend checking this FAQ to learn more about Videos in Spotify.

Hope it helps! 🙂

I got that from the error message. And I thought maybe it had to to do with my country being the US and I live in Italy and I just changed it to italy but it still doesn’t work. Do you know why? Thank you in advance and sorry for the late reply.

Spotify don’t care and won’t answer the question on this. 

I am yet to be im a country we’re video playback works from my phone or laptop. It seems to work on some TV apps.

many customers have this issue and complain but they still do nothing and continue to make more songs come with videos, no way to turn them off or opt out or auto skip.

Completey useless, the videos are so bad anyway, I can’t see why anyone would watch them, all Spotify is doing is driving away customers.

I am in a family plan and once I get the rest of my family sorted I will be cancelling and moving to Apple Music. I complained many months ago about this and no reply, no solutions, no changes nothing!

They don’t value customers or their feedback.

Suggested posts