Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback problems when streaming with iPad iOS 6 via Bluetooth

Playback problems when streaming with iPad iOS 6 via Bluetooth

Hi,

I have the New iPad and I have Spotify installed in it. 

Spotify App 0.5.6.19.gaec439b7

Spotify core 0.8.2.1400.gc9731fe6.

I'm using it to stream music to my speakers using Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter Kit (Bluetooth). Everything seemed to be working quite fine with iOS 5. Now I updated to iOS 6 and the music cuts out (glitches) for a very brief moment. It happens also when I have the music downloaded for offline usage. I remember having this same problem when my friend's iPhone was connected (it also had iOS 6). My Symbian phone streams music perfectly from Spotify. So far I have not noticed problems with iTunes.

Any similar problems? Anyone? Any fixes coming in?

12 Replies

It seems this happens also with iTunes but maybe not as often as it does with Spotify.

I'm having the exact same issue via my iPhone4.

After about 6months of using Spotify in NZ it seems the only time this issue occurs is when I'm playing Spotify off my iphone or iPad via WiFi and sending it to my stero via Bluetooth.

I don't get the problem when listening to it on iPhone via Bluetooth to car stereo, or just via headphones- (so apologies to Spotify for suggesting it was the service).

So this would seem to indicate the issue is with the WiFi- or Wi-Fi + Bluetooth setup.

Perhaps someone can shed light on that?

Steve

Eediot: so are you saying that it does not happen if you stream music via 3G and use Bluetooth? But when you switch to WLAN --> cut outs start occuring? Do you also have the Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter?

I tried to stream music to a friend's Nokia Bluetooth Headset (don't know the model) and it worked like charm. No cut outs. My friend also has some cheap Chinese BT speaker and no cut outs. However, I did use 3G when I tested the Nokia Bluetooth Headset. I think I have to retest this at home with 3G or some offline playlist.

I recently contacted Spotify Customer Support about this issue.  Here is their repsonse:

"Currently we do not actually support use with Bluetooth which is why this will be happening.

Please keep an eye on our blog though for all the latest updates."

I think when I'm paying $10/month they should be supporting Bluetooth...

At least my problem is not Spotify related. What someone mentioned earlier, WLAN in the iPad is the cause. I cannot agree more. I switched WLAN off and now I'm streaming via 3G network and it works perfectly. Apple calls audio streaming AirPlay in both of the cases: via Bluetooth or via WLAN to e.g. Apple TV. This is the link between WLAN and BT and why iOS messes things up.

I REALLY hope they will fix this. Does anyone know where these things can be reported? I mean - to Apple.

Hello,

Yes i to have got problems when trying to use a Bluetooth Bose soundlink mobile speaker with spotify running on wireless through my i-pad 2  (which is only the wireless model so can't try the 3G option ) it will run for about 10 minutes then starts breaking up very annoying to say the least .

I also have an I-phone 4s and and it runs flawlessly with that when useing the same home wireless router.

Can only assume the problem is with the i-pad -wireless -Bluetooth -spotify combination 

@MtS wrote:

At least my problem is not Spotify related. What someone mentioned earlier, WLAN in the iPad is the cause. I cannot agree more. I switched WLAN off and now I'm streaming via 3G network and it works perfectly. Apple calls audio streaming AirPlay in both of the cases: via Bluetooth or via WLAN to e.g. Apple TV. This is the link between WLAN and BT and why iOS messes things up.

I REALLY hope they will fix this. Does anyone know where these things can be reported? I mean - to Apple.

Audiohead, do you have different iOS versions in your iPad and iPhone?

Hi 

Both are running iSO 6.0.1

Probably far too late, now but I also had this issue when using iPad 3, wifi, and Blutooth to stream the audio to the hifi. I seem to have cured it (been working for 24 hours, now) by using the 5GHz signal from the wifi router (as opposed to the 2GHz signal).

I did this last night and the setup worked flawlessly for hours. This morning I fired up the iPad, launched Spotify and the glitching started almost immediately. Then I spotted that the iPad had defaulted back to the the 2GHz signal. I switched it back to 5GHz and all is fine again.

I've now instructed the iPad to ignore the 2GHz wifi.

Hope this helps someone, somewhere...

My problem fixed itself at some point. One possible could be that I changed my router. But I am not sure if thisbis the case. However, I have not used ipad for this anymore. I have a Gramofon that is playing the music.

so if they dont support bluetooth can we play Spotify via the AUX cable from my iphone into my car? As there seems to be issues with that too!

Street Photographer San Diego Skateboarder Surfer former X-Edge Screamer

Suggested posts