Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing random playlists

Playing random playlists

After an hour or two listening to an artist album/radio or just one of my own playlists, spotify would start playing a completely random playlist i've never played or seen before. How do i stop this? There were still songs that haven't been played in my selected playlist yet spotify begins playing a different playlist. Thank you.
5 Replies

Hey there @tmvoh,

thanks for posting !

Please make sure to follow the steps provided on this help page in order to prevent suspicious activity on your account.

Hope this helps 😃

I’ve logged out of Spotify from all my devices and changed my password, but the random playlist continues to show up. I thought it was gone but it showed up. I usually listen to an hour of music when I sleep and set my alarm so that music will stop playing automatically. The playlist I listen to has over three hours worth of music, but when I wake up, I see a song I’ve never heard of paused on my Spotify. The photo is the random playlist I always see.99D2B026-8AA4-4DF2-8265-E2FF40B8BF19.png

Hi tmvoh, 

Can you check your Queue and see if the playlist is queued up there? Tap the queue button at the bottom right and check the "next in queue" section. If the playlist is there, clear the queue by tapping the circles to the left of the song titles you want to remove and then "remove," or go to the queue on the desktop app and click "clear." 

This happens to me too. I believe this means that you've listened to all the songs on the playlist. Normally, similar songs to the ones on the playlist start playing. To stop this, I go on a different playlist and then back to the one I was on and press shuffle play so it can restart. 

This was happening to me as well. I fixed it by going to Settings>Playback>Autoplay and turn it off.

Suggested posts