Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing songs not on my playlist?

Playing songs not on my playlist?

I made a playlist to go running to and it was playing songs that I didn't even put there! They would be from the same album as one of the songs I did put on the list, but why is it doing that and how do I stop it?
35 Replies

Premium payer...... have a kick **bleep** playlist, plus a few, after it has run its course stupid **bleep** comes on, from previous views it has to do with ur favorites on said play list.
I can only say my discust in Spotify right now!!.
Guess what though, songs never picked, apparently chosen an extra 1000000 times.... haha was a great song! Not!
I don't need to say whom made money from it.
In short, very unimpressed, love the platform but if Spotify think they can tell me what to do and like, they fail, I will go back to illegal no problem, Spotify would love an answer so everyone can see and digest your position?????

You can turn off the feature in your settings.

Thank you for asking this it was happening to me on my iPhone and I have like twenty playlists of the same song just to listen to them. Thank goodness this doesn't happen on my iPad mini or this app would literally suck. Obviously I'm not going to pay, hey I'm just a kid. But WHY is this considered an "extra" feature?????!! I'm so confused! That isn't a FEATURE it's just part of the app like that's crazy was is the point of having playlists at al if it's just going to play another song with the same or close title or genre, if we want another genre we go to click on which genre we want on search, I mean, if you can still do that with out having to pay🙄🙄 come on Spotify creators you have to admit it's a rip off

This happens to me all of the time i made a playlist for school with four songs and then it only plays whats in the same album i dont want to pay fog premium because you pay all of the bills and stupid things like this get put at the bottom and you forget about paying it and get in trouble and debt someone please help us all.

so all I have to say is I have premium & option 3 is what is happening to me. i don't like it at all!!! I made a short playlist to play at bedtime, so I would stop playing after bit so I can get a goodnights sleep. but I woke up in the middle of the night & music is still playing & I didn't choose any of it!

I did everything you said but for some reason, it wants to play One Direction when I'm listening to my movie song playlist. Any help?

IMG_0853.PNG

Try deleting all the songs in your Queue.
Really weird, but it will play one song from
Your playlist then jump to songs in a random
Queue.

I'm having the same problem trying to Listen to the Hamilton soundtrack which definitely has enough songs for it to only play the playlist but it starts playing like instrumentals of the song or other stuff my the artists even with auto play off 

Turn off AutoPlay.

3F82D68F-C700-4A00-A620-54343C238972.png

ALso make sure you don't have songs in your queue, as this will override your playlist.

Could be because you have songs waiting in your queue...I had this problem too and when I check the queue on the top right(Play button With 3 lines) it showed that here were songs waiting in the queue.

I turned off auto play and after I select a song from the album and it finishes, it doesn’t move to the next song, it plays a song from a completely different person...

how do I take the other songs off the queue?

1. I was listening to classical piano because I was studying and this rap music started playing randomly after songs. I had the loop playlist on. And I had radio mode off. I think I might stop using Spotify after this. I don’t know if it’s a glitch or if it’s how it’s going to be forever. I mean like there was 50 songs on my playlist you would think I’d be set on songs but I guess not. Back to iTunes I guess.  

I’m using an iPhone 7 with iOS 11.2 and during a 2017 (Pre-new shape) Fiesta st line with Ford Sync 1.1. I switched auto play off in Spotify as suggested and at first this did not work so once connected to the Ford I selected an album and clicked play and low and behold the second track was some random track from another album so I selected previous track which was the correct 1st track and repeated this process of going back and forth 3 times before it gave me all the songs in order for that album, I then selected my playlist and this also worked spot on. I then turned the car off, disconnected my iPhone and started over, works fine now and I am very happy. Well done lotte4 for this spot on advice. 

Same... I have the premium account. It’s playing “bad company”.... I’m old but not that old. **bleep**

Suggested posts