Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist 'Loading...' when opening app

Playlist 'Loading...' when opening app

Hi

On both my devices (iPhone 5s & iPad Mini Retina) Spotify comes up with Loading... on all of my playlists that are not sync'd for offline.

Having looked into this a bit i believe i may need to have my device list checked for corruptions?

If it's not that then, any suggestions?

I have hard reset both devices, and reinstalled spotify on both... no change!

Cheers

Charlie
11 Replies

Hello @chasb73

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

From time to time, the app will refresh when it's connected to the internet and all playlists on the phone will say that's it's loading just for a few seconds. So just be patient and it will be alright. Even I get it on my device too.

Have a great weekend!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Yeah, thats not the problem, i understand that would happen. this is happening every time i open the app on either device. I can open the app, and after 5 minutes it will have finished loading all the playlists, i can then close the app and reopen it a moment later and it will repeat the loading process... That's not right, i've had spotify for a long time and it never previously used to do that, only has done on these two devices, which leads me to think that something has corrupted

Thanks for the reply tho...

How many playlists do you have?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Not that many, 255 currently...

255 Playlists? @chasb73 thats a lot?

How do you organize them? Do you take advantage of folders?

Do you know one playlist can store tons of music?
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I do indeed know that. My playlists are based on artists, each artist has a different playlist, except where i have a mix playlist for the gym etc...
I have a folder that i put spotify playlists in (playlists that i follow from the browse menu)

I don't see that having playlists based on artist is an issue? I want to be able to go to a specific playlist and see all the songs by that one artist, so i can either play by album, or shuffle them all...

Cheers

250 playlists can't be alot, i thought spotify could handle thousands?!

I guess it must be the sheer number of playlist thats causing it to load for quite some time @chasb73

You're using an iPhone 5S?
I'm here to shuffle!

That seems pretty poor, yeah a 5s & an iPad Mini Retina... Same issue on both...

I assume checking my device list for corruptions (as mentioned in a different post for the same issue) won't help... Would need someone from spotify to comment on that!?

You are far more likely to get help from Spotify if you get in touch using the online contact form. 😉

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Will do

Cheers. 

Will post back here if they fix the problem

Suggested posts