Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Problems on iPad/iPhone

Playlist Problems on iPad/iPhone

I was wondering if anyone could help me? I've got several playlists in iTunes I've imported into Spotify but they won't display properly on my iPad or iPhone.

They just show as "Loading" when I try going into them on my devices, despite having checked them for being available offline on my Windows desktop Spotify. I've even now created identical new playlists in Spotify and copied and pasted the tracks into them. But now while the names of the playlists are showing on my devices, they are showing as empty. Again, I've tried syncing them to be available offline on my desktop Spotify but that hasn't solved it.

I've repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled all three versions of Spotify, but they problem still remains. Can anyone please help me?

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have you tried synching those local files to your iDevices by following the instructions here?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter and thanks for the welcome. I'm afraid that doesn't seem to have worked. The strange thing is that I can actually add tracks to the playlists inside the app and they'll then display. But it's just not showing any of the tracks I've added on the desktop.

I've tried playing the tracks in the playlists on the desktop and they play fine. So it's very puzzling they don't show in the playlists in the app.

If they are local files on your desktop, which they most likely are if they have been imported from iTunes then you need to manually sync those tracks over to the device using the same WiFi network + offline playlist technique since Spotify won't be able to link them to tracks in the Spotify catalogue to stream. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Oh, I see. It's just that a few days ago, I managed to get it to work for one of the playlists by right-clicking every single individual track and telling it to add to the selected Spotify playlist. Most of the tracks were then automatically matched with those in the Spotify catalogue and were therefore available on my iPad and iPhone app. The only tracks that it didn't work with were the tracks that, as you say, weren't available on Spotify, only on my iTunes library on my laptop.

I only really wanted to see if there was some way of doing the same for my other playlists without having to go through every single track individually, as my other playlists are very big and so it would be very time-consuming.

Suggested posts