Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Suddenly Stopped Syncing on iPhone

Solved!

Playlist Suddenly Stopped Syncing on iPhone

Hi,

I have a few playlists on my desktop, not nearly 3,333 songs, and I am trying to synch them to my iPhone 4S to be available for offline play.

I can synch up to 2 playlists, then suddenly syncing will halt at around 200-300 songs no matter what playlist I am syncing.  I have cleared cookies and data, resinstalled, made sure both the desktop and phone are on the same wifi, and have followed every suggestion posted in the forum.

It's frustrating that I cannot synch all of my music for offline play as this was the leading capability that drove me to purchase Premium.  Any help to get all of my playlists synced for offline play will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@sternoah wrote:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I have 304 MB Available..  Is this too little of storage to sync all of my songs for offline play?

-Noah

I think that might be the issue, in general they recommend you have at least 500MB - 1GB of available storage space for synching.

From my experience, it appears that iOS won't allow you to use up all of the free space on the device with Spotify. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

How much free storage space do you have on your phone?

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I have 304 MB Available..  Is this too little of storage to sync all of my songs for offline play?

-Noah

Marked as solution

@sternoah wrote:

Hi Peter,

-Noah

I think that might be the issue, in general they recommend you have at least 500MB - 1GB of available storage space for synching.

From my experience, it appears that iOS won't allow you to use up all of the free space on the device with Spotify. 

Peter

Peter

Thank you, Peter for finding the solution to my problem.

@sternoah wrote:

Thank you, Peter for finding the solution to my problem.

No problem at all! If you need anything else, just post back or make a new topic and I (or someone else) will be happy to help!

Peter

Peter

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, but I have 13Go free on my iPhone... Anytime I try to sync my playlists, it works for 1 or 2 minutes, and all downloads stop (it remains blocked, after downloading 10 to 60 songs).

I tried to log out, to delete and reinstall the application a few times, nothing worked for me... Any clue ? Thanks.

Is the screen going to sleep at all when this happens? 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts