Playlist cover art not updating when sharing to Instagram Stories

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

iPhone X

My Question or Issue

When sharing to Instagram Stories, the 4-album grid cover for a playlist is not being updated to reflect the newest songs added. 

10 Replies

Hey there @buuuue,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, for now, the option to share a playlist on Instagram with its custom artwork is not available. This is why you see default four-tile album artwork
instead.

Further, keep in mind that the artwork that shows up instead displays the first 4 album covers that were added to your playlist. This would explain why you don't see the album covers of any new tracks you've added to that playlist.

On another note, if you'd enjoy having the option to share the custom artwork for your playlists instead of default four-tile one you're seeing, we'd suggest heading here and adding your +VOTE

If you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works, make sure to head here.

Hope this helps clarify things. Happy Holidays!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi there! I was also interested about this. I'm making custom "art" for my playlists, and would love to share those playlist WITH that art as the visual in insta stories. 

Is this going to be a feature soon? 

"the artwork that shows up instead displays the first 4 album covers that were added to your playlist. "

not really

Hey @kdinos,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

If the 4 album covers don't show up when sharing Instagram Stories, we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of both the Spotify and Instagram apps. You can find the relevant steps for Spotify in this guide. This will remove any corrupted files that might be causing this behavior. 

If afterwards the issue persists, could you share a screenshot of what you see at your end when you share a story?

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator

I just deleted and reinstalled them and the issue remains.

I am attaching two photos: one which shows the original first four album covers and one that shows what happens when I attempt to share it as an Instagram story: the album covers chance to four random ones from other songs featured in the playlist.

CA763A54-7923-4D88-92D8-37F8040F630A.png
3EDF7FE8-87CE-48AC-82FC-2E73055CB696.png

Hey @kdinos,

Thanks for getting back to us with the screenshots.

We apologize for the confusion - we we're under the impression that the album covers were entirely missing. Keep in mind that we're constantly running tests in order to provide you with the best music experience possible. So it's possible that you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. This is also the reason why for some users the first 4 covers come up, while for others it's a random selection. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

Hope this info is useful. The Community is here for you if you have any questions

Mihail Moderator

How is that helpful in any kind of way? So the answer to this problem should be that "you are doing tests and some experience certain parts of the app differently than others"?

This is not a 2021 app that is getting tested out before it becomes big, this is one of the biggest music platforms on the planet and you're telling me that there's no way to fix this simple glitch?

I'am a playlist curator and this is indeed very frustrating. When sharing a playlist like RapCaviar the art covers shows up, but not from other playlists....

Screenshot_2021-10-18-16-20-00-256_com.spotify.music.jpg

this is ridiculous, it's 2022 but this is still not implemented, this is not a rocket science. seems that if the playlist is created by spotify, it will show the custom cover picture, but if the playlist is created by someone else even the artist itself, the custom cover picture does not show.

As curators we need this.

Suggested posts