Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist duplicated song without warning bug

Playlist duplicated song without warning bug

My Question or Issue

If you already have a song in one your playlists, and hit the “add songs” button, and add an already existing song to your playlist, it will continue without giving you a warning

Note: it only worked with me if I added songs from “recently played”

3 Replies

Hey @kostasmarm,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind sharing the exact steps to reproduce what you reported (including a screen video, if possible) so we can look into it and see how it goes on our end?

As a heads-up, different versions of the same song (e.g. the same song uploaded twice with slightly different metadata or a different URI) might be on Spotify and they'll be added to playlists as different songs (not duplicates).

We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too! 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The link to the screen record of the glitch 

WARNING watch without sound

Hey @kostasmarm,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop and sharing this with us!

Would you now mind sharing the Spotify URI for each of the two (duplicate) songs so we can see if the two indicators are actually different? In case they are, the song you add to the playlist as a duplicate might likely be featured on Spotify as part of a different album compared to the song you already had in the playlist, making the songs two different items on Spotify.

Hope you'll find this info useful.

We'll keep an eye on your reply and we'll be here to help with anything else too 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts