Premium

Country

Australua 

Device

(iPhone XR)

Operating System

(iOS 13.3)

My Question or Issue

I have my Spotify playlist created for my car, it used to show me what number song the song is in the playlist and how many songs are in the playlist, this meant for easy finding of the song I want at the push of the steering wheel button. Now it’s showing the number it is in the album I’ve added it from, which means it makes it potentially dangerous for wanting a specific song, 

Both songs in both pictures are in the same car playlist, but showing different numbers cause obviously it’s from different albums 

how do I change it back? 

image.jpg
image.jpg
1 Reply

Hey there @Stephanieyoung2,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, are you connecting to your car using Bluetooth? 

It might be checking the software for both devices is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturer for how to check and update the software version.
Note: To update your car’s media system, you may need to reach out to your car’s manufacturer. 

Once you’ve checked that, try restarting the connection:

1. Turn off the Bluetooth on your car’s media system.
  2. With the Bluetooth settings on your mobile/tablet switched on, delete the information of the car.
    Tip: The setting to delete is often called ‘forget’.
  3. Turn Bluetooth off and back on for your mobile/tablet.
  4. Turn the Bluetooth on your car’s media system back on.
  5. Allow approximately 20 seconds for your mobile/tablet to detect your car. Once it appears, select it to pair.
  6. Open Spotify and play something. The sound should now come from your speaker.   

If the format is similar after refreshing the connection and this is something you'd like to see differently in the app, you can always suggest it in our Ideas Exchange. You can find more information on how to get started in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts