Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist order on Apple Watch as in iPhone?

Playlist order on Apple Watch as in iPhone?

On my account I have my playlist sort by ‘Recently added’, but on my Apple Watch it shows differently, by first added. How can I change that?

5 Replies

Same Question  here....because it is annoying when using very large playlists!

Hey @richo_ & @11121493252, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Currently that's not available for the  Watch.

However, if you would like, you can submit your idea about having such a feature on your Watch as well in Idea Submissions board.

Thanks 🙂

I recently got my first Apple Watch and pretty much immediately was asking this question. I’ve found that if you swipe over and first go to “your library”, go to “playlist”, then choose your desired playlist that it has consistently had the same order that matches my iPhone. Hopefully that helps, I new to all this myself so I can only say what’s happening on my end.

Hey @bsmith231523

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

We’re happy to hear that accessing the playlist through Your library on the watch shows the tracks in the desired order. 

If you have any questions we're always one post away. 

Еnjoy your music! 

I have the same issue, the playlist sort order set on iPhone does not take effect when the playlist is viewed on the watch. The watch should mirror phone settings, having the watch not match and not be configurable makes viewing playlists on watch pretty much impossible to do.

Suggested posts