Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist order on mobile device

Solved!

Playlist order on mobile device

Hi 

Is it not possible to rearrange the playlist order on mobile playlist without using the drag and drop function. 

It would be nice, if it was possible to arrange a mobile playlist automatically by artist, album etc. 

Furthermore, it is a bit frustrating that new tracks are added to the bottom of a playlist and not the top as it happens on the PC/MAC. Normally I want fast access to the newest tracks in a playlist, but then I have to scroll all the way down to the end of the playlist. 

Can anybody help me with this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

UPDATE: Implemented

Hello,

There currently isn't an automatic organisation option. However, this has been requested over on our ideas board, and you can add kudos to the thread here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I FOUND IT!!! ok so go to your playlist... scroll slowly down until the like "album cover/playlist title" thing is showing. at the very top once you cannot scroll to the top any further,  a search bar apears but it says "filter". Next (to the right ) of the search/filter bar  are these little lines, click on them then choose the order you want....newest, artist, etc.... It made the new songs go to the top like a normal person would want!!! Hope this helps!

Marked as solution

which issue hasn't been fixed? scroll down so that "filter" shows up (basically make sure that you end up at the top). next to "filter" are 3 horizontal lines, one above the other. tap/click on that and you will see a couple of "sort" options.

hope this helps

Marked as solution

you can rearrange it. click on the playlist, scroll all the way up to show the filter search bar, click on the 3lines to the right of the search bar, you can sort by recently added

53 Replies
Marked as solution

UPDATE: Implemented

Hello,

There currently isn't an automatic organisation option. However, this has been requested over on our ideas board, and you can add kudos to the thread here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

-Update 9/14/12-

They have updated the IOS app, and added the ability to rearrange playlists.

To rearrange, click edit like you normally would to delete a song.

Then press and hold on the three lines on the right side of your track.

Drag and drop! (you have to be online to do this though!)

-dan

it would be perfetct if the order of songs would sync over all my devices.

i have a huge "like" playlist which is constantly updated as i find new songs.

those new songs are always on top. the playlist is arranged by date.

on my iphone this playlist is a mess though 😞

The same here, I always want newest tracks at the top, not bottom - its illogical!

Weirdly some of my iOS playlists have sorted themselves  so newest tracks are at the top and others bottom to top. Why?? Why can't be just select to "arrange by".

When will we be able to do the following on Android:

• sort by artist, song, album, etc
  • manually order

- ie, basic playlist management a la itunes, winamp?

Cheers,

Bruce

ALSO AS EVERYBODY HERE...  THE SAME PROBLEM.

HELLO SPOTIFY !  ARE GONNA DO SOMEHTIN TO THIS  S T U P I D   THING ?

EVERYBODY IS AGREE, ITS NOT LOGICAL THAT THE LAST TRACK AD TO A PLAYLIST... IS AT THE BOTTOM OF IT.

AND THEN WHEN YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO IT YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE BOTTOM;.. AND THEN YOU ONLY

PLAY... ONE TRACK. AFTER THAT ? GOES BACK TO THE OLDEST... 

BULL**bleep**.

IVE BEEN WRITTING TO THEM... THEY SAY :

yes its possible 😉  just change on your PC ans it will change on your mobile....  -->  BULL**bleep**.

SO WHAT CAN WE DO ???

SHOUT TO THEM ?

MAKE THEM REMEMBER THAT WE PAY 9€ A MONTH !...

Hellowwwwww !...  someone there ?

JD

Hello,

You seem to have removed this functionality on rearranging order of playlists on the iOS app.

Why?

When I create a new playlist, it is always added/placed at the top of all playlists, but I arrange my playlist in order of genre, to easily access the playlist I want to play.

This can only be done from the PC app, why not on my iPhone/iPad? It should be able to fix like: "press edit, hold down on the playlist you want to move up or down, and release when at the wanted order", "press done".

That's it

Could this be added, pls.?

Has this been solved yet? I'm quite new to organising my music on spotify, but at the moment I can't get over not being able to change the order in which I see my playlists. He ability to put them in folders would be great. Am I missing something?! Ps I'm on iPad app.

Completely agree, it's such a simple problem to solve and and obvious thing to begin with would have been to order by last added at top??

Hey in answer to this, if you have Windows (and I assume MAC)  you can drag on the playlist on the left and move it up or down. Then when you sync your iphone with spotify it moves the order to match.

I agree with it being a pain. I have limited space and wish I could get it to prioritze which playlists it and syncs. I keep selecting too many and I run out of space completely meaning sometimes I can't take photos or videos because of all the music I have on !   I wish I just have better control or could actually limit the amount of space Spotify takes.  

I also wish the thumbs up or down as on the iphone for everything; playlists and radio. Thumbs down doesn't mean I never want to hear a song again though, just not on a certain radio station. 

anyway, still coming to grips with it all. It's not super intuitive. 

"Hello,

There currently isn't an automatic organisation option. However, this has been requested over on our ideas board, and you can add kudos to the thread here."

Add kudos, I mean ad **bleep**ing kudos?! Are they mad?! Two freaking years and nothing has been done! I will kudo my wallet by not buying this **bleep** anymore.

This is pretty frustrating...  Considering the central focus that Spotify puts on playlists, not being able to move playlists up/down in the list is kind of crazy.

What makes this way more frustrating is that every single "list" in every app on iOS has edit functionality: you hold the list item by the "3 bars" icon and drag it up or down.  Spotify, not having this functionality just seems super lazy - you don't even have to create/invent  a way to do this... it's being done in EVERY other app that uses lists!  C'mon now... You're better than this.

Yes I understand that I can re-order them on the desktop.  I currently do that.  It's a massive pain in the ass.  There's no reason on earth why this functionality shouldn't be included in the iOS app. 

Marked as solution

I FOUND IT!!! ok so go to your playlist... scroll slowly down until the like "album cover/playlist title" thing is showing. at the very top once you cannot scroll to the top any further,  a search bar apears but it says "filter". Next (to the right ) of the search/filter bar  are these little lines, click on them then choose the order you want....newest, artist, etc.... It made the new songs go to the top like a normal person would want!!! Hope this helps!

You sir, are a real hero! Much love

I love you!!! ^^^ I was getting so frustrated!!

u r aWesomemmmmme!!!

Hi lindsaynia -

Thanks for trying to help, but the filter option has been there for a while now, and yes it's helpful for sorting through playlists, but its not quite what I'm referring too when I'm talking about ordering of playlists.

What I mean is on the playlist menu, you cannot reorder the playlists.  For example, if I create a playlist called "All-Time Favorites" and then a few days later create one called "New", the one called "New" will appear in the list above the "All-Time Favories".

Now, if I want to drag the "New" playlist so it sits below "All-Time Favorites"... sorry, too bad.  Gotta get on a laptop/desktop to make that happen.

In every single other iOS app that has lists, there is always an icon with 3 horizontal lines, and when you hold down on it, you can drag to reorder the list.  It's so simple, and everyone knows what it means and how to use it.  Spotify just doesn't do it.

Wow still a problem. Spotify is so darn slow in correcting all of their problems.

Efficiency!!!!

Suggested posts