Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist order on mobile device

Solved!

Playlist order on mobile device

Hi 

Is it not possible to rearrange the playlist order on mobile playlist without using the drag and drop function. 

It would be nice, if it was possible to arrange a mobile playlist automatically by artist, album etc. 

Furthermore, it is a bit frustrating that new tracks are added to the bottom of a playlist and not the top as it happens on the PC/MAC. Normally I want fast access to the newest tracks in a playlist, but then I have to scroll all the way down to the end of the playlist. 

Can anybody help me with this?

53 Replies

yes I want to manually order certain playlists eg I'm doing a playlist for a friends do, this evening and want to select the order the songs play in, currently they are just in the order I added them. 

i want to save the playlist, sorted by Artist

Thanks!, but it's ridiculous that such an obvious function is so difficult to find.

So great. Thank you!!

2017 and it is still not possible to arrange tracks on a playlist from the app on Android... Really? Come on Spotify, you can do better than that.

Both Android and iOS.  It's ridiculous.  Not all that strange to see competitors like Apple Music, Google Play, Amazon Music, etc. gaining traction when extremely simple features like this get completely overlooked....

this guy is god

You can sort the order of your playlist on mobile devices. scroll to the top of your playlist and then keep pulling the screen down. You will then see a search bar to search for music within your playlist. Next tot the search bar on the right there are three little lines, just tap on them and there you go, you can reorder your playlist by song, title, date added and artist. So now you can sort the order of your playlists on mobile devices.

You can sort the order of your playlist on mobile devices. scroll to the top of your playlist and then keep pulling the screen down. You will then see a search bar to search for music within your playlist. Next tot the search bar on the right there are three little lines, just tap on them and there you go, you can reorder your playlist by song, title, date added and artist. So now you can sort the order of your playlists on mobile devices.

This is not about sorting the order of the playlists themselves, it's about being able to re-order the songs within the playlist on mobile.  That said... just checked and HALLELUJAH THIS HAS BEEN FIXED!!!  Not sure when this was updated since I jumped to Apple Music a while back but guess I may re-evaluate now.  

do please tell how!

oops i misread, i am still wanting to be able to click and drag orders of the playlists themselves. come on spotify!

It doesn't help. That function is only there on android.

great answer!

Suggested posts