Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist problem, starts to play music that is not even there.

Playlist problem, starts to play music that is not even there.

Hi!

I have a problem with my Iphone 5 and spotify.

I have a certain playlist for studying that has only one song on it. (white noise, blocks everything else outside.)

But last few months there has been a problem with it, because when i listen to it on my iPhone, it suddenly starts to play Ed Sheeran and Pink, which are in fact not on the list.

When I use the same list on my PC, there is no problem.

Also when I use my Android tablet, same thing, no problem. No extra song magically starts to play.
Playlist is private and nobody can follow it. Also I can see on my iPhone that there is no extra songs there, but they start to play anyway.

What can I do?

1 Reply

Hey mate, there is a relatively new feature (introduced maybe 4 weeks ago) that starts playing "similar" music when you playlists ends. It's a bit like the radio feature but triggered automatically and based on the whole playlist instead of just one song/artist. For me, the recommendations are a lot better than Discover Weekly except for the fact that it often plays tracks that I've already listened to before.

Right now I can't tell you how to stop it but if it's just 1 track of white noise and you don't have other tracks in there, you could loop the song or maybe loop the playlist or set the playback to shuffle. Either one of the last 2 possibilities should work

Cheers

Suggested posts