Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Playlist radio' on mobile app

'Playlist radio' on mobile app

Hi everyone,

I use the 'Go to Playlist Radio' option a lot on the desktop app, but I don't see it on the mobile version.  I am just missing it?  Also, I am using the free version for now just to try it out.  Maybe it's on the paid version?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

usa

Device

iphone 7

Operating System

current ios

11 Replies

Hey there @jlukins

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

The Go to Radio feature on a playlist is available for both Free and Premium accounts. This is also valid for iPhone 7 with the latest version of the iOS.

If you don't see the Go to Radio option after opening the three-dots menu in the upper right corner of the playlist screen, we suggest you perform a clean reinstall of Spotify. 

We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks for the reply, but if I understand correctly, when I actually 'Delete App' I will lose all my data as well.  I assume this means that I will have to rebuild all of my playlists from scratch.  That will be quite a chore.  If that's the case, I'm surprised you did not mention this in your reply. That may have caused a lot more frustration than my original problem.  Hopefully I'm just mistaken and that is not the case.

• All I’ve read about Playlist Radio says it’s available on mobile for free and paid customers but the option isn’t there and I tried it on my chrome book it doesn’t work, but strangely when Spotify offers my 30 minutes of ad free music playlist radio automatically starts when I never told it to, at the beginning the option stunk, not a good variety and it would even mix Christmas music, yesterday it came on somehow and the flow was awesome, please bring the playlist radio option back it’s a great feature 

After you delete the Spotify mobile app you will retain all your data and playlists after you re-download the app, you just have to restart the last playlist you were playing before you deleted the app , but you won’t lose any existing playlist 

Hi there @Johnrwatson,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you confirm if you followed these steps correctly?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screen recording of what happens so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and I do not have the radio option on my playlist menu via three dots.  I have the latest app on my samsung s21. Any ideas?

Hey @kiethw,

Thanks for the post!

Can you give us the following info:

• Device make, model OS version
  • Spotify version
  • Is this happening only for playlists

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

• Device make, model OS version     
    • Samsung s21+ 5g
    •  Model-SM_G99U
    • Android 11
  • Spotify version
  • Is this happening only for playlists
    • Happens on everything. No Playlist radio option shows up as an option on playlists, artists and individual songs

Hi there @kiethw,

Thanks for the information.

Can you let us know if your using a free Spotify account or a premium one?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Free account

Hi @kiethw,

Thank you for your swift reply. 

Unfortunately, the Playlist Radio feature is not available on mobile with a free subscription. This happens because these radios work "on demand", which is a feature only for Premium users. 

In this article you can find more info about the ins and outs of a free subscription on the mobile app.

Let us know if you have any questions. 

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts