Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist skipping

Playlist skipping

hi,

my Spotify won’t play my playlist. It plays about 10-15 seconds and then skips onto songs I don’t know/don’t have on any playlist, and proceeds to skip songs every 10/15 seconds. It will not play a song in its entirety.  I’ve tried all the troubleshooting options and to no avail. Can you please help. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

iPhone 8

5 Replies

Hey @Clairedunne58,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind mentioning or listing the trouble-shooting steps you already tried? It'll helps us look into this more quickly as well as effectively so we can suggest you the most relevant next steps.

If you think your account might have been accessed or used in unauthorized ways, it'd be great for you to take a look at this Support site article and follow all suggestions it features. 

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it, I deleted the cache, I updated my phone, deleted all other devices and just have my phone as the only device to use Spotify. I turned off and restarted my phone after each one of these, and Spotify is still the same. 

Hey @Clairedunne58,

Thanks for getting back to us with the requested info.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far, just to make sure that we're on the same page - you used the steps here for a clean reinstall, right? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. 

If that's the case, you should follow these steps that @Mario posted above and secure your account. Don't forget to change the password for any service associated with your account, such as your email address, Facebook, or Apple.

We recommend that you also have a look at all third party apps that have access to your Spotify account and remove any you don't recognize. You can learn how to do this here.  For the other ones you should update the login info as well.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator

Ok,
I have done the clean install, reset my password and logged out everywhere,
as recommended. There’s still no change.

Hey @Clairedunne58,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Does this happen when using a different internet network? For example when you switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data?

It would also help the troubleshooting if you could download a playlist and set the app in offline mode. Does the skipping happen there as well? You can follow this guide if you have any questions.

By doing these steps we can check if network issues lie at the bottom of what you're experiencing. 

Keep us posted, we'd love to investigate this further!

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts