Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist song arbitrarily changes to a different song in someone else's playlist

Playlist song arbitrarily changes to a different song in someone else's playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 7S

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I'd like to know why the Spotify app randomly asks which device I want to listen to my current song on, then changes my music to some other songs not on my playlist?  

NO OFFENSE TO LATIN POP MUSIC.. but really?  Is the deal to PAY for this interuption any time I'm listening to my own music online?

1 Reply

Hello,

Spotify Connect is a feature that allows you to switch between the devices your Spotify account is logged into. It will have a popup asking if you want to switch devices when you open Spotify on one device while already listening to Spotify on another device.

Is this change in playlist only happening after the popup asking if you want to switch devices shows? If it's happening other times, too, you might have a stacked queue problem. To check this, click the queue button at the bottom right of the now playing screen. If you have a stacked queue from a playlist you are not currently listening to, they will show in "Next in Queue."

Suggested posts