Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist songs won't show

Playlist songs won't show

On my iOS device whenever I go into one of my playlists, I don't see any of my songs, I only see the playlist logo, a big green button that says "Shuffle Play" and "Add Songs" any help would be appreciated.
16 Replies

Hey @AirPuncher, I'll be happy to help.

Could you let me know which iOS version you're currently on? You can check this by going to Settings > General > About > Version.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @AirPuncher.

Thanks for the reply!

It seems like you're not updated to the current version of iOS. The current version is iOS 12.3.1. I'd recommend updating your device to the latest version to see if that fixes this issue.

You can do this by going to Settings General Software Update.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

That did not fix the issue.

Hey @AirPuncher.

Thanks for the reply! 

Could you try to log out of the Spotify app on your iOS device and then log back in again? This should shake things up and force a sync between your device and account information.

Another great thing that you can try is a clean reinstall of the Spotify app.

If you're still having trouble, could you send me screenshots of what you see when you access your playlists so I can take a closer look? Make sure to hide any sensitive info when posting to the community.

Lastly, does this happen on a different device or the Web Player

Let me know how all of this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I’ve tried both of those things many times and this only happens on my phone.

Hey @AirPuncher.

Okay, can you send me a screenshot of what happens when you try to access your playlists so I can take a closer look? I'd also recommend reading my last reply as it contains some troubleshooting steps.

Billy-JSpotify Star

283D79D3-74F8-4168-BAE9-99072D99678F.jpeg

Hi.

I can’t play the songs in my playlists in the order they were added in and I can’t see them in the playlist either. When I click on the playlist the only option is to play them shuffled. Please help.

Hi there @Silv3rStar,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We can confirm that this is how playlists look like on the mobile app with the free service. Since on-demand playback is a Premium feature, it's not possible to see the list of songs in a playlist in the mobile app. However, this is possible in the desktop app and the web player. You can obtain more info about this here

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks but during my first week of having Spotify I was able to play the songs on my playlist in the order I wanted. Why did it change?

Hey @Silv3rStar!

Thanks for the question. 

When you first start a Spotify account you automatically get 7 days of on-demand playing as a type of a trial for the feature. When this initial time runs out you get the standard view of the free app on your phone.

Let us know if there's anything else we can shine some more light on.

Happy Saturday!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’ve had spotify for YEARS and it has always let me view all the songs in my playlist…i don’t/never have had premium at all and all of a sudden i can’t view all the songs in my playlist so was there an update or something where i can’t do that anymore? i’ve done everything i can to fix it, i cleared my cache, reset my phone, logged out of spotify, deleted the app and etc. yet nothing has worked.

This is the exact problem that I am having! There is no way for me to look into the list of my songs and delete them since yesterday and I am so confused.

The same thing is currently happening to me as well! I’ve contacted Spotify support multiple times, but no one has been able to help 😕

I’m having the same issue with my spotify playlists! It started yesterday and I’m not sure why. I’ve deleted the app and logged out several times but it’s still not working. 

Hey everyone,

We appreciate all your feedback on this topic about Playlist not showing within the Spotify app.

Going forward, we'd like to refer you to our Ongoing Issue thread here, where you can vote and leave further information you have on this matter. Make sure to Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts