Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

Current iOS

My Question or Issue

I posted this several days ago in My Library but nobody responded so I am going to post it here to see if I get any help. The below is my post from Friday.

Today I was using Spotify on my laptop, like any other day. I had to go out for a bit so I grabbed my phone and opened Spotify there and what did I see? Nearly half of all of my playlists had been automatically undownloaded! I had to go back through all of them and toggle them all back to download. It amounted to over 2,000 tracks (many local files and many quite long) over about 40 playlists. It took about an hour to redownload it all with my slow internet, and I was very annoyed. Then, about two hours later, I was outside listening to Spotify when suddenly the music stopped. I opened up the app to find that the playlist I was listening to had undownloaded again, along with a bunch of other playlists I redownloaded too! I have absolutely no idea what is going wrong as everything has been working fine until today. Hopefully this doesn't continue because it takes absolutely forever to redownload my playlists just for them to undownload a few hours later. I would really appreciate some help.

Since then it still hasn't removed as many playlists as it did the first time but every day about 2 or 3 of my playlists are removed (And they often have local files, which means I have to boot up my computer just to download them again). As I said before, if I can't figure out how to stop this soon or it isn't fixed I will probably stop using Spotify because this is just ridiculous. I really hope someone will respond to me here.

2 Replies

I cannot believe not a single person has responded to me. This is STILL HAPPENING and it is making Spotify a living **bleep** for me. Every day I have to sit for half an hour and redownload all my music, and then when I go out it is taken out of downloads anyway! I would REALLY APPRECIATE some help.

Hey there @TacoJohn1267,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We just came across this post. We're happy to help you further.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick - is it possible for you to try downloading your music with another internet connection to see if the issue persists?

Also - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts