Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists cannot be viewed by public even though they are public

Solved!

Playlists cannot be viewed by public even though they are public

Hi, 

my playlist is set to public, however, when people search for it, it doesn't show up. This happens on my iPhone, a windows desktop and a Mac laptop. 

I have cleared my history, reset my phone and reinstalled spotify. The problem still persists. 

I've seen other posts where others with the same issue had it resolved but they do not mention how.

Please help! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

When a playlist is public is doesn't necessarily mean it will show up in search results. The search tends to only show popular playlists from what I know.

If the playlist is set to public, then people who go to your profile will be able to see it. People will also be able to see it if you copy and paste the link for it and send it to them so they can access it.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

When a playlist is public is doesn't necessarily mean it will show up in search results. The search tends to only show popular playlists from what I know.

If the playlist is set to public, then people who go to your profile will be able to see it. People will also be able to see it if you copy and paste the link for it and send it to them so they can access it.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have also this problem; some old playlist are public and friends who click my profile can see those. However new playlist i want to make public are shown as public whwn i list it but friends can see them.  'Collaborative playlist' is unselected.

Hi! I have the same proble. I´ve made playlist collaborative and public, but not all show in my profile overview, or profile at all!

PS: On my profile, only the playlists that I follow from others show, not mine.

Please help?

Suggested posts