Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists gone and unable to play music for last 2 days

Solved!

Playlists gone and unable to play music for last 2 days

I'm using Spotify 5.1.0.1019 on an iPad Mini Retina running iOS 9.2.1. This was working smoothly up until a few days ago. Now it's pretty comprehensivly broken. 

The  UI has changed, with the currently playing song element now different to a few days ago (although I don't believe the app itself has changed version recently). 

image.png

I am also unable to play any music. Even if an advert is queued it does not play. 

All my Playlists and Songs have gone. Albums and Artists are shown. 

Recently Played is just sitting showing the loading spinny. 

Non account related functions seem okay, with the Search, Browse and Radio pages at least loading. 

I initially thought a server or caching issue was at play but this has persisted for a couple of days now and after I completely uninstalled and reinstalled. I also forced a logout on all devices from the web. I'm not sure what is left to try and this seems to be a problem with my account data. I do not have any associated facebook profiles. Anyone have any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Bizarrely restarting the device (holding the power button til prompted, then choosing to turn it off, then powering back on) resolved all the issues. 

To me this implies something cached by the app isn't cleared when you uninstall and reinstall so there's still a bug here that Spotify need to look at. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Interestingly my Playlists and Songs are present on an iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.2 which is also running Spotify 5.1.0.1019

Playing songs is also working fine on this device although it also shows the newer UI elements.

Recently Played did also load albeit very slowly.

Oddly when looking at my account info it shows me as having zero playlists.

From this I can only assume my account data is intact and there is a problem with the app on certain hardware/OS versions.
Marked as solution

Bizarrely restarting the device (holding the power button til prompted, then choosing to turn it off, then powering back on) resolved all the issues. 

To me this implies something cached by the app isn't cleared when you uninstall and reinstall so there's still a bug here that Spotify need to look at. 

Hey @Hotblack, Welcome to the community! 🙂

I suggest you try a clean reinstall and see if this helps, This usually fixes most problems 🙂

Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache 🙂 

Does this solve the problem?

If you read my original post you'll see I tried that 😉

@Hotblack

Have you gotten your playlists back?

Yes, again (and sorry if this sounds rude) if you read my posts you'll see that I found and explained a workaround.

There's clearly a bug here though as a number of people are experiencing similar caching issues not resolved by uninstalling/reinstalling.

@Hotblack

Just making sure your problem was resolved 🙂 

Have an Awesome day!

Ah OK, thanks 🙂 You too!

Suggested posts