Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists vanishing completely while offline on iOS app

Playlists vanishing completely while offline on iOS app

I am on a 4S with OS 5.1.1 I downloaded the new app last week, and since then, despite not changing a single thing on any of my three devices, I have been unable to retain my list of playlists on my phone, let alone those that are synced to be available offline. When I first logged in after downloading the new app, I patiently waited for all my playlists to re-sync, then put the app offline to listen to my offline playlists later (I am on holiday, with limited access to wi-fi). This is what happens every time I repeat this process: I can listen to my offline playlists for a while. Next time I go back into the app, my entire list of playlists vanish before my eyes, despite having made no changes to the app. Then I have to repeat the process all over again, but it just keeps happening. I am premium subscriber and offline playlists is the main reason I pay my subscription. Please help! I'm going crazy in the silent mountains.
5 Replies

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem... kind of.  Spotify has been working great on my iphone 4S, up until i downloaded the newest update to spotify last week.  Now, each time I start spotify, all of my off-line playlists disappear and just the words "loading" show up.  If i'm near wifi, the problem sometimes resolves itself after a few minutes, and everything loads again... However, I work in a National Park about 60% of the time, or am traveling out of the US where I can't access 4G or WiFi, so most of my playlists just keep showing up as "loading," which is a huge bummer when im' in my car driving for 5 hours without music when I pay for the premium subscription.

How do i fix this?

Steph

Hi, I have been successfully syncing local files from my computer (laptop Linux client) to my iPod since purchasing the iPod in Nov. 2011. Over the last two weeks I have noticed that the iPod has started to "forget" files that I manually synced from the computer. I sync the files, they are playable for a while, then I come back a few hours later and the iPod either displays "Loading..." as the playlist name and no files, or else the files are listed but an error message comes up saying I need to sync the files again. I do so, and it only lasts a few hours.

Hi. This is an issue which has just started surfacing. I'm going to move your post to the iOS section to help with troubleshooting.

Thanks. I am now also having the permanent "Loading..." issue with lots of other playlists of streamed music -- not music I've synced to offline -- while online.

As of this morning this was only happening with playlists I created within the last 2 weeks. Now it's lots of other playlists too.

I did try installing Spotify for iOS 4, found absolutely none of my playlists displayed, went back to the newer Spotify and then this started happening.

The problem appears to have been fixed.

Suggested posts