Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please help -- Songs won't go offline

Please help -- Songs won't go offline

This is a new problem for me.  I've been a premium user for many months and i have had nothing but a positive experience with Spotify thus far.  Today, however, when i added a new playlist, it synced from my computer to my phone perfectly but then wouldn't allow me to make the playlist available offline on my phone (it is available offline on my comp).  I have an iphone 5s and the most recent iOS software 7.1.2.

I added a screenshot to this post.  The first track of the playlist in each case (3 different playlists) was made available offline, but the rest of the tracks weren't.  I have 7GB of free space on my phone, so it can't be that.

spotify.png
2 Replies

Two things:

A.) Cloud Nothings are amazing. Great album.

B.) Have you tried making them unavailable offline again and then logging out and back in a couple of times? That might help. Also, apparently restarting your phone by holding down both the home and power buttons for a couple of seconds has helped users solve similar issues in the past. If all else fails, you can uninstall and reinstall Spotify again. Hope this helps!

I figured it out (kind of).  Spotify eventually sent a pop up that i had too many tracks available offline (didn't know that was even a thing!).  I have roughly 200+ playlists (most of which are just albums), but i make every playlist available offline.  It doesn't really make sense to me that there's an unknown track limit for offline availability, but i guess that's the way it is.  It's bs that i have to pick and choose what i want offline, but i love spotify so i guess i'll just have to deal until they figure their **bleep** out.

Suggested posts