Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please, please, please...closing radio on iphone

Solved!

Please, please, please...closing radio on iphone

If someone could lend me a hand, I and my iphone would appreciate it.  I am about 30 seconds from throwing it onto the floor and beating it into submission with a claw hammer.  I have Spotify on my iphone (obviously).  I actually have two darn icons for it (don't know why and I find it annoying, but not claw hammer annoying).  Somehow, when I was scrolling around trying to see what options I have, etc. (apparently that's a bad bad thing, I'm being punished and it will never happen again) and I ended up with Spotify radio everywhere.  I don't want to listen to Spotify radio and they can't make me (even if it means that my phone is a dead cell walking).  I have yet to figure out how, in the name of all that's good and holy, I can get that crap to close.  I can hide it, but I can't close it.  Right now, because I have Bohemian Rhapsody on my playlist, Spotify Radio thinks that I might enjoy listening to Steppenwolf's Born to Be Wild.  While I have nothing against Steppenwolf or the fact that they are born to be wild, I want the darn thing to close.  Did I mention that the artwork for this song title is freakin' Stuart Little on a skateboard?  Yep.  Don't want to listen to it and I can't stand looking at it.  All I want to do is close the darn radio.  One would think that that would not be an impossibility.  Please tell me that it's not an impossibility.  Please tell me how to make Stuart Little and Steppenwolf go back from whence they came.  My phone will be eternally grateful.  The claw hammer is sitting next to it even as we speak and I'm not afraid to use it.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If this is on iPhone:

- If you are on the "Now Playing" screen, press "Hide" in the top right hand corner.

- Then press the menu button in the top left to get the sidebar menu from which you can navigate to your collection/playlists and start playback from there. 

If that doesn't help, if you could post a screenshot of the app (press home and lock together quickly) that would really help!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I'm a little confused on what you are trying to do here. 

If you don't have Spotify premium (but you live in the US), radio is the only feature you can use on the mobile apps. You need premium to listen to your own playlists. 

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

Haha no worries, ask away! 

To answer, yes I do have premium and to be honest I love it. It is the best money I spend every month, I use it almost all day everyday so for me it is definitely worth the money! If you want to listen to your Spotify plalyists on the move on your mobile device (as well as having the ability to save Spotify content to your phone, so you don't have to eat your data allowance), it is definitely worth the money!

As for your two symbols, if you go to the App Store > Updates > Purchased > All do you have two versions of the Spotify app listed there? Possibly one called "Spotify" and another called "Spotify for iOS 4"?

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

@td723_ wrote:

I do have two.  One (with what I think of as the "older" icon) is version 0.9.0 and that is the one that has my playlist on it.  The other ("new" icon) is version 0.4.26 and that doesn't have my playlist.  The "new" version has an "open" button to launch the app and so does the other version.  I swear, I've never felt so darn stupid in my life.  *GAH!!!*

You can safely remove the 0.4.26 version, it is an old legacy version of the application which is no longer developed. 😉 

Peter

Peter

10 Replies
Marked as solution

If this is on iPhone:

- If you are on the "Now Playing" screen, press "Hide" in the top right hand corner.

- Then press the menu button in the top left to get the sidebar menu from which you can navigate to your collection/playlists and start playback from there. 

If that doesn't help, if you could post a screenshot of the app (press home and lock together quickly) that would really help!

Peter

Peter

Peter,

I'm attaching two screenshots.  I hope that they're what you need.  It's driving me insane.  It is on an iPhone 4S and I think that it's actually bled over into my laptop's Spotify.  I'm also "offline" at the moment and I think that I might need  to be online to hear my playlist, because I don't have Premium.  AND I have two icons for Spotify...one looks fancier (stupid word for it, but best I can come up with at the moment) than the other, but the "fancy" one doesn't have my playlist.  I am so incredibly clueless that it isn't even funny...  *sigh*  Thank you for being willing to help.

spotify screenshot.png
spotify screenshot 2.png

Are you in Offline Mode in Settings > Playback > Offline Mode? 

Peter

Peter

Peter, I apologize for asking for help and then kind of falling off the grid.  I am in the offline mode. 

Marked as solution

I'm a little confused on what you are trying to do here. 

If you don't have Spotify premium (but you live in the US), radio is the only feature you can use on the mobile apps. You need premium to listen to your own playlists. 

Peter

Peter

Peter, Okay, I didn't know about the premium membership to listen to your own playlists.  It probably sounds stupid, but I really had no clue and I thank you for letting me know.  Oddly enough, the bar at the bottom of the screen that I was originally asking about seems to be gone (although I'm in offline mode, so that might be why).  Whether it's gone or not, I guess that it's normal because I only have access to the radio as it stands now.  Do you have Premium?  If you do, can you tell me if you like it and you think that it's worth signing up for?   Do you know why I have two Spotify icons on my phone?  One looks like the older Spotify symbol and has my playlist on it, the other looks newer and doesn't have my playlist on it.  I just don't know if I should be removing one of the icons and, if so, which one I should remove.   I'm sorry to ask so many questions but that's the price you pay for being kind enough to help me.  LOL  I really appreciate your help and your not making me feel like an idiot.  I know that I've asked some stupid stuff and you've been very kind.

Marked as solution

Haha no worries, ask away! 

To answer, yes I do have premium and to be honest I love it. It is the best money I spend every month, I use it almost all day everyday so for me it is definitely worth the money! If you want to listen to your Spotify plalyists on the move on your mobile device (as well as having the ability to save Spotify content to your phone, so you don't have to eat your data allowance), it is definitely worth the money!

As for your two symbols, if you go to the App Store > Updates > Purchased > All do you have two versions of the Spotify app listed there? Possibly one called "Spotify" and another called "Spotify for iOS 4"?

Peter

Peter

I do have two.  One (with what I think of as the "older" icon) is version 0.9.0 and that is the one that has my playlist on it.  The other ("new" icon) is version 0.4.26 and that doesn't have my playlist.  The "new" version has an "open" button to launch the app and so does the other version.  I swear, I've never felt so darn stupid in my life.  *GAH!!!*

Marked as solution

@td723_ wrote:

You can safely remove the 0.4.26 version, it is an old legacy version of the application which is no longer developed. 😉 

Peter

Peter

Irony, Peter!  Irony!  (I love good irony when I can find it)!  The one that i thought was "new" was old and the one that I thought was "old" is new!  (I do hope that you realize that I recognize how childish and stupid that sentence actually is.  LOL.  Unfortunately, it's true.)   I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the help that you've given me.          

you're awesome beagle.jpg

Suggested posts