Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast Keeps Playing the Same Previously Played Podcast When Finished

Podcast Keeps Playing the Same Previously Played Podcast When Finished

On Spotify Premium/Student

United States

iPhone 7 Plus

iOS 12.2

I've been listening to the RadioLab podcast quite a bit, and want to continue on with the episodes. Except every single time one episode ends, it goes right back to the same exact one I've listened to. I've tried scrubbing through it to end that episode, I've tried letting it play out at the end, but it keeps going back to it every time. I would love for it to keep playing in order or something. I can't find any reason why it keeps picking this one up titled 'Blame.' It's not the most recent one, it has already been played, and yet no matter what, it always goes back to it when one ends.

6 Replies

Temporary fix for me is using "add to queue" and administering the queue instead of using a podcast playlist. So e.g. for a longer workout I can play several podcasts sequentially.
But this issue really should be fixed.

Been trying to find if anyone else have the same problem as me... can't find the exact problem but I think this one is the most similar one. When I listen to a podcast (autoplay) in chronological order (sorted by oldest to newest), it works fine 2 or 3 episodes then it suddenly jumps to the most recent/newest one. For example I listen to episode 64, 65 and 66 and then when 66 is finished and I expect 67 it starts episode 128 (latest). Annoying at least. Does anyone know if the issue reported by RedmondTheRobot was looked into at all?

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. This sounds odd and we'll do our best to help you out.

You can start off by restarting the device. Then you can log out and log back in to the account. If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go. By doing that you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing this issue.

Does this happen on another device? That way we can check if it's a device-related issue.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there,

Thanks for the troubleshooting steps. I followed all the steps, restarting the device, logging out and in again as well as clearing the cache etc. Unfortunately it didn't help, was still the same behavior as mentioned. 

However, a day or two after my tests there was a new version (8.5.78.928) available on the app store. When I upgraded to that version it suddenly started to work as expected. I've tried out a few different podcasts a couple of days and it seems to work now.

Do you know if anything was fixed in the 8.5.78.928 version related to this and/or can you see the changelog anywhere?

Thanks.

Hey there @DBjor,

Thank you for your reply. We're happy to hear that everything works for you again as it should 🙂

We actually have another thread about this. You can find it here.

We sent the information to our developers and they are looking into it.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue - we suggest you head to this thread and Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. 

We'll keep everyone up to seed there. 

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I was having a similar issue! I found the shuffle and repeat options in the top menu bar under "playback", both were turned on even though I didn't turn them on since there isn't an option to turn them on next to the play button when you listen to podcasts. I turned them off and voila! So far it has fixed the issue.

Suggested posts