Podcast Notification Pop Up Not Showing

Podcast Notification Pop Up Not Showing

Plan - Premium (Duo)

Country -US

Device - iPhone 12

Operating System - iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

Hi there!

When clicking on Follow on a podcast, I do not get the option to get push notifications. Instead I get a white bar at the bottom that says “OK, you are now following (podcast name).”

I have notifications turned on in the iOS settings and inside of the Spotify settings. I also tried uninstalling Spotify, rebooting my phone, and then installing again. Didn’t help. 

Thamks for your help!

45C5D0DB-0F22-485B-ABC9-F0B982D355BE.png
5 Replies

Hi there @Drumstix4me,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Make sure that Push notifications is enabled from your account page (Notifications settings).

After that:

1. Go to the podcast show page. 
  2. Tap Follow. (You should see a little drop-down menu here)
  3. Switch Get notified of new episodes on.

Hope this helps 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply! Unfortunately that doesn’t work. When I click on Follow on the podcast’s page, that little drop down menu does not show. Instead, I have a white bar that says, “OK, you’re following (podcast name)”. You can see what I’m talking about on my screenshot.

Hey @Drumstix4me,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Please keep in mind that tough the push notification settings are available for some accounts, this feature is still in it's testing phase. That's why some aspects are subject to change and certain features might not yet function as intended. We've gathered your report and send it over to the right team, so it's taken into account in the development process. We'll keep working on improving this experience moving forward and advise that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

It's also a good idea to vote for this idea and subscribe, if you haven't already. We'll keep you updated on any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any.

Hope this is useful, but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator

Hello,

Same for me, I don't get the option to have notifications on new podcast episode.

When you talk about enabling push notifications, is there one in particular to activate ? Because there are many of them but none about podcast on my account. All are related to playlists, artists, concerts and general news.

Hey @edel79,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

We're constantly running tests in order to improve our app and the experience with it. It's possible that you might not see something on the app your friend does, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. 

As @Mihail mentioned it's a good idea to head here and add your +Vote to support the idea. You can also click on Subscribe so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts