Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast - 'This video isn't available in this country or on your device'

Podcast - 'This video isn't available in this country or on your device'

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia, changed to France when I was on exchange but then changed back to Australia

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 12.1.1

Basically whenever I try to access the Podcast 'Coffee Break French' by the Radio Lingua Network this message shows up:

IMG_E4EC6BE0613C-1.jpeg

I previously changed my country to France while I was on exchange there but changed back to Australia and, what's more, I definitely did not access this podcast while I was overseas. The other podcasts by the same podcast author (Radio Lingua) work fine. ALSO I AM ABLE TO ACCESS THIS PODCAST ON MY MAC, JUST NOT ON MY IPHONE. Anybody have any ideas?

13 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore 

Device

iPhone XS + Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

iOS 10 + Mojave

My Question

There's this podcast (Coffee Break French) that's available on my computer but seen as "This video isn't available in this country or on your device".

I've searched for the podcast on my phone and this error appears, however when I click on the individual episode, it actually can play.

Not sure what's going on?

tldr the individual podcast plays but I can't view the entire list of them on my device.

I have this exact same problem with Coffee Break French currently - the other Coffee Breaks (Spanish etc.) all open fine and individual podcasts play fine, but the CBF podcast list opens the same error. Did you ever solve this? 

No, unfortunately not. I wonder if we can get any real help. 

Hey @kennethtong7825, welcome to the Community.
Hope you're doing great!

In this podcats, does it happen with all episodes or just certain ones?

Does this happen with other podcasts?

Could you also try updating to iOS 12.1.4?

Hope it helps 🙂

Hey Loxer, thanks for the reply,

No, it just happens with this podcast - I haven't had any problems with anything so far. As for 12.1.4, I'm afraid I can't really do that as I'm waiting for a jailbreak. I'll try and see if I can find another iPhone on 12.1.4 to do my testing on to see if the problem is account based.

Hey @kennethtong7825,

Thanks for replying 🙂

In the meantime, does this happen with all the episodes of this podcast?

Does it help if you try it with another Spotify account in this iPhone?

Let me know how that goes.

I too have this exact same problem, and so have other people on this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Podcast-available-on-computer-but-not-phone/td-p/46...

Hey @Gcat02 & @kennethtong7825,

Try updating to iOS 12.2 and Spotify 8.5.1 to see if that helps.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

I updated my phone and the app, then re-downloaded the app again, but still the same result 😞

I’ve listened to Coffee Break French on Podcasts app, but would much prefer Spotify. It’s just odd that this is the only podcast by Radio Lingua that has this problem.

I have tried on other iPhones and found that both the Spotify version and the iOS version are irrelevant - please stop asking me to update. The problem is within Spotify’s source code, and it’s been about a month and they still haven’t gotten back to me. Your input is appreciated, though. As of now the problem is still unsolved. 

Hey @kennethtong7825@Gcat02@nattsw & @Jolene283,

Thanks for your patience 🙂

The right team of folks at Spotify has looked into this and it seems that this is an issue which Spotify is aware of, but can't fix, since it's up to the podcast host to send them the correct feed.

Hope it helps 🙂

Ok, so I contacted the team at Coffee Break French on Facebook, and they said that the CEO would contact the company that sends the feed to Spotify. The issue now seems to be resolved (at least for me). Hope it’s now working for everyone else as well 🙂

Yeah, seems to be working for me as well too, thought it was a glitch because there weren’t any recent Spotify updates. Thanks a bunch!

Suggested posts