Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast not playing on Apple TV

Podcast not playing on Apple TV

Hello team,

For quite some time now, it’s been very difficult to listen to podcast on Apple TV. Have you aware of the issue?

I am running TV OS 15.6  and Spotify 2.197.

I first though the issue appeared when playing using Spotify Connect to my Apple TV, but it fact the behaviour is the same when initiating the play right on the Apple TV.

See the attached video to better understand the issue.

4 Replies

Hey @yoonnel,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome 🙂

In this case, if not done yet, you can start with a reinstall of the Spotify app on your Apple TV to see if this makes a difference.

If this doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if this is happening with another account? If not sure, you can log in with a different account to check if the inconvenience persists there.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you. Logout + app remove + Apple TV reboot + Spotify App install solved the issue 🙂

I’ve looked back and can see from other threads there has been an issue with Spotify app integration with the Apple TV platform for a long time.

looking back your advice was it’s all ok with us speak to Apple and their feedback is it’s not us speak to Spotify. When are you going to get your heads together and sort the problem. We shouldn’t have to do the chasing between the 2 companies.

On my Apple TV 4K box some Spotify podcasts have sound some don’t and when you change to another podcast or song to check and go back the previous song keeps playing even though the screen is showing the new one and seconds are counting up on it!?

It works fine with airplay and Spotify app on phone

I have logged out of app deleted app and reinstalled rebooted Apple TV and logged in and the issues are unchanged.

Hey @yoonnel,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

We really appreciate you keeping us posted about this. We’re happy to know you could sort this out. Don't hesitate to reach out if the app starts to behave again.

If anything else comes up, the Community will always be here for you.

Take care 🙂

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts