Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts won’t play

Podcasts won’t play

Podcasts won’t play they just buffer. Songs are playing fine. I’m using WiFi which is working fine. Tried downloading them first they download fine but then still won’t play. Plenty of storage left, cleared the cache too but still no luck. 

Premium account. 

Iphone SE

iOS 12.4

3 Replies

Hey there,

Welcome to the Community.

We know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked.

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let us know the exact version of Spotify?

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

I too can't listen to podcasts anymore. But songs still work? How is this possible? I tried the clean reinstall of the app.

Hi @Somerandomperson!

Could you let us know your device's make, model and OS version, as well as the exact version of Spotify you're running? You can find it under the app's Settings > About.

Does this occur with a specific show or with all podcasts in general? If possible, try playing the podcast on another device to see if it would play there.

Another thing to try out is switching to a different Wifi network / Mobile data. If you're using a VPN, disable it to see if that would do the trick.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts