Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Poor Alpine iDA-X305S Support

Poor Alpine iDA-X305S Support

Hi there,

I was expecting Spotify would work fine with the Alpine iDA-X305S car stereo since it is sold with the 'Works With iPhone' icon.

Playback using the Spotify app works but unfortunately I can't forward to the next song using the arrow key on my unit. Pressing the key activates the music player of my iPhone4 (IOS5). Did anybody expreience the same behavior?

5 Replies

While we try our best to be compatible with docking stations and the like, but generally they tend to only be set up with the built in music software. You might want to ensure that the firmware is up to date, if at all possible.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hey protagonis, Ive just bought this unit and I am getting the same error, if I push next song button on the alpine, it starts music app... Did a firmware update worked for you? Thanks

Question for you guys: Is it showing the song titles in your radio? I have the factory radio (I love the look and wouldn't have anything besides it) with a Dension iPod kit which has 2 modes: iPod UI and iPod GW. In iPod UI mode the titles are not displayed but I can use the radio/streeing wheel controls. In iPod GW mode the titles are displayed but my controls have the same effect as yours, they activate the built in iPod app. I believe the GW mode is "accessory mode"  in iSpeak.

1 year after the alpine remains incompatible with spotify, any solution?

This issue has still not been fixed.  Could the iphone app developers not add functionality for Alpine-X305s?  I am a spotify premium user, and I was very happy with the service until I got a new head unit.

This particular head unit has been out for atleast 2 years, and still nothing!  Now I am considering cancelling and going to Pandora, since it works with my unit.  Spotify, you guys should get the ball rolling here!  Come on!   

Suggested posts