Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Poor sound quality via bluetooth headphones

Poor sound quality via bluetooth headphones

Hi,

I've got an iphone 8 and i've been using spotify via some beats bluetooth headphones. I never really noticed an issue with the sound quality until today. I got 6 months free Apple Music and when i listen to the same song on Apple music & Spotify i can really tell the difference. It's hard to explain but Spotify sounds flat and quiet in comparison. I've turned off "Enable Audio Normalization" in the spotify settings but that didn't make any difference. Are there any other settings or anything which could be causing spotify to sound so lifeless ?

3 Replies

Try to change the Mono audio option, when connected to your Bluetooth headphones?

let me know if it was helpful 🙂

Same issue for me with my Bose QuietComfort. Really thinking about switching back to Apple Music...

Bluetooth supports some formats (like MP3 and AAC) natively and can pass those trough without additonal compression. Spotify streams in OGG format and the audio will be re-encoded with low quality SBC protocol.  Apple music streams AAC and the audio will not suffer from further encoding. 

Suggested posts