Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Possible to stream to multiple AirPlay devices in the new iPad app?

Solved!

Possible to stream to multiple AirPlay devices in the new iPad app?

Does any one know if it possible to stream to multiple Airplay devices in the new app? It would be nice to use the iPad and Airplay to achive a full multiroom solution.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

A power cycle of my Sonos PLay:5 did the job! All systems are up and running 🙂

Thanks for your support guys.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

This is not something they can do its a Apple thing they don't allow.

There's always sonos. Expensive but amazing

I have two sonos devices, but My Premium Spotify account isn't able to stream to multiple rooms. Is this something that should work? If so, how can I stream to multiple rooms with different playlists?

Two ways to do this:

Buy an airport express and use that as the input into your Sonos system. Airplay will display the airport express. Then you control the number of Sonos speakers from the Sonos app. The 'how to' set up is on the Sonos support site.

http://www.sonos.com/support/help/3.4/en/Sonos_User_Guide/Chap05_new/Connecting_an_AirPort_Express_t...

Or just do this without Airplay at all. Download the Sonos app and add your Spotify Premium account to it. Then control the individual speakers from that.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sonos-controller-for-iphone/id293523031?mt=8

Option 2 is much easier. YOu don't need airplay if you have Sonos.

Which isn't working here. My setup:

1x Sonos Bridge

1x Sonos Play:5

1x Sonos Connect

1x Sonos controller app for iPhone

1x Spotify Premium account (subscription)

When I stream a Spotify track to my grouped Play and Connect, I can control both Sonos devices. But when I want to stream two different songs to my Play and Connect, ons stream is stopped. The message Spotify goves me is that I can't stream to multiple devices.

Are you playing from Sonos or Spotify app? Where's this error message appearing from?

As I said, you can only AirPlay to one airport express and you didn't mention one in your set up.

Can you play any other sources to 2 different devices? Like Sonos radio? If not, this isn't a Spotify problem

I dont use any Airplay device. It's just a Sonos setup controlled by the Sonos app on my iPhone. And as far as I know, I can't play from the Spotify app to a sonos device (without Airplay).

And the error message is inside the Sonos app.

No you can't. You have Sonos app for that. Link you spotify account to Sonos IN THE SONOS APP. Then you'll see all your spotify playlists in the Sonos app. You can even search Spotify from within Sonos.

Incidentally you can't be logged online to spotify on more than one device at the same time - so if you are online on your laptop on spotify then shut it down before trying to use it on Sonos - same goes for other mobile phones

Or just put the iPhone spotify app in offline mode

I guess you don't understand my post 🙂

I do have the Sonos iPhone app installed and I indeed can see my playlists, starred songs etc. But again, no multiple streams possible... 😞

Maybe the Spotify app on my iPhone was online...I check that when I'm at home, thanks!

Marked as solution

A power cycle of my Sonos PLay:5 did the job! All systems are up and running 🙂

Thanks for your support guys.

Suggested posts