Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Radio on iPhone, no dislike or like buttons

Premium Radio on iPhone, no dislike or like buttons

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 7 plus

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I have a premium subscription, but I am unable to edit my radio stations by utilizing the like/dislike buttons. The only functionality I have is to skip songs, "heart" them, or remove them. Switched from Pandora for the larger library and better offline functionality, but the lack of ability to modify the radio stations is a real downer. 

3 Replies

Hey @tames713.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Playlists that are made for you, like the daily mixes, have the heart or the function to disable the track/whole artist. In essence it's an upgrade to the like dislike function as you can tell us if you don't want us to choose any songs from the artist you don't like.

Radio stations still have the thumbs up/down and if you thumb down a song, it should disappear from the radio station. If this is not the case on your app, could you please do a quick reinstallation? You can see here how to do this.

We hope it works! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thanks so much for the info and the suggestion. I appreciate it!

The attached screen shot is from a radio station and not a daily mix list, so the thumbs up/down should be there. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall a couple of times and it has not fixed the issue. 

I have checking in a few spots and my account states that it is premium, so I am really confused as to why I do not have this functionality. Any other suggestions? 

Thanks!  

Spotify Screenshot.JPG

Hey there @tames713,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this, and including that screenshot. It was very helpful!

To better personalize your radio station, you can click the heart icon or the dislike icon next to the skip forward/back buttons. They should work much like a thumbs up/down option should.

You can read more info here on why the app doesn't have the thumbs/down button instead.

Hope this helps!

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts