Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account not showing new Now Playing view on iPhone

Premium account not showing new Now Playing view on iPhone

I was a confused at today's update notes, since I have had the Discover feature on my iphone for quite some time already and after doing some reasearch realized that I am likely part of a smaller group of Premium users that have been part of a 'beta' for this feature. Apparently this has also precluded me from being able to see the new Now Playing screen (and possibly other features rolled out today) and wondering if this issue has already been addressed?

Thanks!

5 Replies

Hi,

In Per's post today, he specified that it was being rolled out to users. Please note that there is no beta program for any part of Spotify, so unless I'm missing something, you won't be in a beta.

This 'Now playing' view is being slowly rolled out to everyone, and users are randomly selected to receive it. It is sometimes done based on region. If you are part of the demographic receiving Now playing, then you should get it very soon, however there is no way to tell this. Regardless of any of this, hopefully everyone will have it soon!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

HI Anthony,

Thanks for your response, however there are 2 issues with what you state. 

1. I have had 'Discover' available to me for at least a couple of weeks now, how would you explain that?

2. I believe either you have misunderstood or the version information was written poorly. The wording is as follows:

' + New: Ever find yourself wondering what to play on Spotify? Introducing the new Discover experience on iPhone. (Coming soon to everyone.)

+ New: A shiny, new Now Playing view, featuring the 'Up Next' queue on iPhone. (Again, rolling out to everyone soon.)'

This, to me, reads that it has been rolled out to iPhone and will be rolled out to other devices soon (just as with the noted Discover experience rollout)

@R10T wrote:

HI Anthony,

Thanks for your response, however there are 2 issues with what you state. 

1. I have had 'Discover' available to me for at least a couple of weeks now, how would you explain that?

2. I believe either you have misunderstood or the version information was written poorly. The wording is as follows:

' + New: Ever find yourself wondering what to play on Spotify? Introducing the new Discover experience on iPhone. (Coming soon to everyone.)

+ New: A shiny, new Now Playing view, featuring the 'Up Next' queue on iPhone. (Again, rolling out to everyone soon.)'

This, to me, reads that it has been rolled out to iPhone and will be rolled out to other devices soon (just as with the noted Discover experience rollout)

Hi,

1) Yes, but some users have had it for more than a month or 2, and I have had it for at least a month now on the web player + iPhone, and have had it for a couple of weeks on my desktop. The only people who would have had a beta would be the devs at Spotify, and they would be testing it.

2) In the discover one the 'coming to everyone soon' means that some users will still be on whats new because discover itself has not been rolled out to them. When they get discover, it will appear on their devices. I have also confirmed with someone at Spotify that it does indeed mean that it is being slowly rolled out to iDevice users, not completely rolled out.

If you have a suggestion as to how to phrase it in a better way, feel free to let me know and I'll pass it on to someone at Spotify for consideration.

Anthony 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Hi Anthony,

In keeping with their previous release, I would suggest the following changes:

+ New: Ever find yourself wondering what to play on Spotify? Introducing the new Discover experience on iPhone. (Rolling out to iPhone users over the coming weeks)

+ New: A shiny, new Now Playing view, featuring the 'Up Next' queue on iPhone. (Again, rolling out to iPhone users soon)

Please also suggest a few free months of service for my troubles, hah 😉

Thanks!

R10T

@R10T wrote:

Hi Anthony,

In keeping with their previous release, I would suggest the following changes:

+ New: Ever find yourself wondering what to play on Spotify? Introducing the new Discover experience on iPhone. (Rolling out to iPhone users over the coming weeks)

+ New: A shiny, new Now Playing view, featuring the 'Up Next' queue on iPhone. (Again, rolling out to iPhone users soon)

Please also suggest a few free months of service for my troubles, hah 😉

Thanks!

R10T

Hi,

Thanks, I'll pass it on to the people at Spotify 🙂

Anthony

Suggested posts