Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account not working

Premium account not working

My premium account is not working.
It's keeps saying I need a premium account but I have. How can this be sorted????
7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you up and running. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Tried these steps and still no joy 😞
I'm using premium on a iPhone4

Does your account show as premium on your online overview?

Peter

Peter

No it says the free version. I have been using premium for a while and don't under stand why all of a sudden it's stopped working, I have had a new bank card recently but my sort code and account number are the same so payments shouldn't be affected.
I'm a little worries if I put my details in again it will charge me twice. Any ideas
Cheers

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to look at your account and see if there are any active subscriptions going on. If your online overview says free and you are definitely sure its the right account then it sounds like your most recent payment might have failed to be processed, if so you should have got an email about it.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hi Gstar,

The reason why your account is on the Free service is that it was unable to take a payment.  If everything is OK, please resubscribe via www.spotify.com/account/subscription.

Gstar - Looking at your account, it looks like the most recent payment didn't go through. This will be due to your bank card.

As we take card payments, not from your bank account, a change in card will do this, I'm afraid. If you sign up again now, it should go through nicely.

Like Calvin mentioned, just head here: www.spotify.com/account/subscription/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts