Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium expired, have to resync all tracks?

Solved!

Premium expired, have to resync all tracks?

Hi guys! I have been having some issues with spotify, wich i found 1 thread on, that was similar, but gave no answer. some minor differences in our problems wich might explain why i wasnt helped, anywhays, by using the template, ive written this; 

Description

My playlists keep re-syncing when i re-buy spotify premium (i buy 1 month. no more, no less.). last time it did this was today, and my premium expires tomorrow according to my phone. 

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. acquire premium. 
2.thump music for 29 days, synced playlists.
3. buy new premium.
4.activate
5. start app.
6.spotify auto-resyncs.
7.lose my **bleep** and wanna throw the phone throu my wall.

What I expected to happen

To keep my playlists synced.

What actually happened

they started re-downloading

My iPad/iPhone model

Iphone 3G

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

nope. not since installous went byebye

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

about 15-20. about 6-7 offline synced.

My mobile Spotify version

the one called 4 in the appstore.

My provider and country

Telia, Sweden

My username

Maxpower700

The thing is, the other thread i found, it explained the resyncing problem with some facts about spotify deleting all the synced tracks when it loses premium, so it has to redownload when you buy it again, and this can be solved by buying premium a day or two before it expires. thing is, i bought it before it expired, and my, in lack of better words, **bleep**ty iphone 3G is sooo goddang slow, it can not even remotely possibly delete over 5-600 synced tracks in the few seconds it must take to register that i now have more days premium. it takes over 1 and a half minute to even launch the app! It's that slow! 

so PLEASE gif some useable advice. or a straightforward but painful ''nope muchacho, you simply have to resync every time. just like you have been doing for the last 6 months''

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

One of the funniest posts I've ever read 🙂

Is the app in offline mode? Does it have an internet connection?

If you don't have an internet connection, or the app is in offline mode, for 30 days then all offline tracks will go.

This is because the app can't check if you have a premium subscription or not.

Make sure you open the app to an internet connection once every 30 days, and buy premium before it expires 🙂

Liam

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

One of the funniest posts I've ever read 🙂

Is the app in offline mode? Does it have an internet connection?

If you don't have an internet connection, or the app is in offline mode, for 30 days then all offline tracks will go.

This is because the app can't check if you have a premium subscription or not.

Make sure you open the app to an internet connection once every 30 days, and buy premium before it expires 🙂

Liam

it is on/off in offline, and i connect it to wifi atleast a gazillion times a day.

ill try to manually make it go online then. open it, check ''offline mode'', and search or sync a new track then. 

Thank you for the answer!

I have a similar problem...

I have Spotify premium with automatic payment.

I have several devices and dont always open Spotify every 30 days on each device.

Instead of deleting at 30 days, why cant Spotify just disable playback till it can go online to check subscription status ?

The content is encrypted so its not like I can steal it in the meantime.

Resyncing 2000ish tracks on several devices takes an age and wastes my bandwidth.

Its down to licensing I think, once you go outside of that 30 day window you no longer have a license for the content so the application has to remove it.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I do not agree that Down to lack of license Spotify has to remove it.
i give you an example.
Software. you can have it installed but you can not use it until you provide a serial confirming your license.
Previously even Spotify iOS (until it was only for premium) app was a perfect example. You could have it on your iPad but to use it you needed a premium account which provides a valid license for content.
So with content is exactly the same. Spotify shouldn't remove anything but just lock it until license is valid.
it is more convinient for all, users, ISPs, and Spotify and their servers.

simple

It doesn't really need to delete it... its encrypted so you can't play it without the subscription.

All that needs to happen is to wait till user is back online to re-authorise

This would avoid a lengthy re-download process.

In addition, I also discovered Apple devices pause download when screen is locked... making it even more inconvenient to have content deleted merely because you haven't been online in a while.

Suggested posts