Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium not working on iPhone 4

Premium not working on iPhone 4

I have same issue as in: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/premium-not-working-on-iphone/td-p/6...

I changed payment from paypal to prepaid cards... now it won't play on my device anymore... worked 2 hours ago...

Now it says, you need premium (or something similar). The website does say I have a premium account...

(Already did the logout / login etc, nothing works)

5 Replies

Have you tried a clean reinstallation of the app? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That instruction is for windows / mac. 

Just checked again... my mac application also stopped... so I checked the spotify site again...

I always logged in with username / password instead of facebook. Somehow, on the website, it has linked my facebook account also... so when I added the prepaid card... it redeemed it at the facebook account... instead of my username... 

I never choose to use my facebook account... could it have done this automatically when playing a song from facebook??? 

@iwritecode_nl wrote:

That instruction is for windows / mac. 

Just checked again... my mac application also stopped... so I checked the spotify site again...

I always logged in with username / password instead of facebook. Somehow, on the website, it has linked my facebook account also... so when I added the prepaid card... it redeemed it at the facebook account... instead of my username... 

I never choose to use my facebook account... could it have done this automatically when playing a song from facebook??? 

@iwritecode_nl - If you get in touch with support here they can get that moved over to the right account for you if you like. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Well, I did get in touch with the support using the contact form... received a message as well... didn't go into my problem, but got a 'standard' reply... which was formulated if I was a child....

Hallo,

Dank voor je mailtje.

Ach zeg, dat is zeer vervelend, had je eindelijk een giftcard, werkt de code niet! Sjonge jonge, wat een gedoe.

Ik wil nu graag de foto van de kaart, het bonnetje en de code (beginnend met BHN) ontvangen. Zonder kan ik je niet helpen dus maak snel een foto zodat je snel je Premium gebruiken kan.

Groet,

Laura van Lent

Which roughly translates to:

Hello,

Thanks for your little email.

Oh say, that is very annoying, you finally had a gift card, and now it doesn't work. Oh, boy, what a hassle.

I would now like the picture of the card, the receipt and the code (beginning with BHN) received. No I can not help you so make a quick photo so you can quickly use your premium.

regards,

Laura van Lent

WTF?? Is that how spotify treats it's longtime premium customers???

Hey iwritecode_nl!

Apologies for the confusion in your first email, we've looked into this. 

I've located your case and it appears everything has now been resolved.

Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Suggested posts