Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium subscription works on computer but not on iphone

Solved!

Premium subscription works on computer but not on iphone

Since yesterday I have Spotify premium. On my computer it works and stands at the top right "Spotify Premium."
But if I want to play songs from my iPhone I still get the message that this premium material and that I need to upgrade. How can I fix this? Because I've just subscribed to this so I can use Spotify on the iPhone.

78 Replies

This really is unacceptable. You took my money, but now you won't let me use the app on my iPhone. You won't give me any additional time, and you have no answer for me except to wait for 2-4 days????? I didn't make you guys wait for your money for 2-4 days. So now, I have paid for essentially nothing because the only thing I want to be able to do is stream music to my phone. You won't even let me cancel and receive a refund. It says my subscription will stay active until July, but it doesn't work. This is unacceptable, and if it doesn't work by tomorrow. I'm calling my credit card company to dispute the charge. I am not receiving anything for my money.

Hello.

We generally try to answer most email inquiries within 24 hours. I'm just sending a message over to you now.
Airhorn Enthusiast

This is unacceptable. There are other options, and you have just lost a cutomer due to this poor customer service. Refund my money immediately. 

I got same problem in iPad. I try all change stream normal to high and back, log out and back, reinstall app.. After that spotify start to play first song, putt it stop after 1.30 min. Now it won't work. In my pc spotify works. Reason why I pay every month 9,99€ is iPad app. When spotify fix this pug. I'm not only one who have this incomprehensible failure. Who can help?

I have the same Problem , what can wen or when will the bug be fixed ? Since 12 days i  only can use the Desktop programm but not my app on my iphone.

List of things that didnt worked for me..

Reinstall 

Fully Restore Iphone 

Wifi / 3G , nothin worked to get the premium function on my phone

i will have these 12 days where i couldnt use my iphone app back on my account

Thx from Germany

I have the opposite problem. Premium works fine on my iPhone but not on my iPad. ;-( do I have 2 accounts too?

I bought premium but it doesn't work on my IPad, and that is one of the main reasons I bought it. It also won't let me sync my accounts. (Facebook and spotify)

Hi, I have a similar problem, I am told I have premium, which I do, because it works on my computer just fine, but not on my phone? Maybe I am using the wrong account? I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks

I see that I'm not alone with this problem. I log in with my Spotify login (or with the FB one) and it SOMETIMES shows me my playlists. If they happen to be displayed,  I click on the song but it says that only Premium subscribers can access songs directly. I set up my account as premium from the moment I started, on my computer. Why can't I use Spotify on my iPhone? It is very frustrating and annoying.

@user-removed wrote:

I see that I'm not alone with this problem. I log in with my Spotify login (or with the FB one) and it SOMETIMES shows me my playlists. If they happen to be displayed,  I click on the song but it says that only Premium subscribers can access songs directly. I set up my account as premium from the moment I started, on my computer. Why can't I use Spotify on my iPhone? It is very frustrating and annoying.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I too have only signed up for Spotify so I have it on my Iphone!! I keep trying to stream & utilize premium services it says i don't have premium services. Please help me asap

@rfurgaso wrote:
I too have only signed up for Spotify so I have it on my Iphone!! I keep trying to stream & utilize premium services it says i don't have premium services. Please help me asap

Peter

Peter

This is now fixed. Martin, from support, went in and deleted a duplicate non-premium membership that had somehow been set up through Facebook. I am now able to use Spotify on my iPhone. Thanks.

Awesome! Enjoy! 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Same problem for me

@Sofiejornek wrote:
Same problem for me

Peter

Peter

Premium subscription works on computer but not on my iphone or on my ipad

Peter

Peter

Re: Premium subscription works on computer but not on iphone or ipad. Where on web do I find a record of my payment by American Express for my Premium membership?

Suggested posts