Premium subscription works on computer but not on iphone

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Premium subscription works on computer but not on iphone

ryanberg37
Casual Listener

i purchased the $10 spotify giftcard and entered it online, logging with my facebook account. i found out today it works fine on the computer but i only need it for my phone or ekse its useless to me, could you please help? thanks!

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend

@ryanberg37 - Did you redeem for unlimited rather than premium? 

If so and you would like it swapped over, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to do that for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

ryanberg37
Casual Listener

yes i chose unlimited i believe 😛 and great thanks for the quick response

Highlighted

angiiq

I have the same problem. On my computer, it even says "Spotify Premium" on the top but on my phone, it still says to upgrade. 
How do I get the premium on my phone? 😞

Highlighted

jpa11
Casual Listener
Hi,
I join the spotify premium today because i wanted to use it on my phone without using internet, but it seems that it only works on my computor and not my phone. I logged both with the facebook account.
Highlighted

MattSuda
Community Legend

@jpa11 

First try logging out of the app on your phone, and then log back in.

If you still have trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you get it working 

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Highlighted

jpa11
Casual Listener
Yes, i've tried to log out and then log in again but nothing change. Thanks for the quick response!
Highlighted

ravencake

I just signed up for Spotify Premium on my computer and it seems to be working fine on my computer, but I've tried to play music offline on my phone and it won't allow me, so I'm assuming my phone still only has the free version. I've tried restarting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, signing out and signing back in, but nothing has worked so far. Help, please!

Highlighted

Lainagilmore
Same problem. Tried restarting phone, deleting and reinstalling app, signing out and back in, using Facebook details... Nothing's working. SOS Spotify staff.
Highlighted

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

@Lainagilmore @ravencake

Normally this happens when a duplicate account exists, one with a spotify username / password and one with your facebook details.

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase? In it, it shows your Spotify username

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS