Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium trial ended?

Solved!

Premium trial ended?

Hi, It says "Premium trial ended." at the top of the screen on my iPad despite the fact I am now a premium subscriber? Odd?
87 Replies

@meahtenoha wrote:

@laughinman1 – I can see you’ve got 3 devices linked to your account but they are all iPhones. What we can do is clear those devices. You can then start over and add your iPad too.

The "aesthetic problem" magically disappeared for me.

I didn't do anything, no reinstalls or anything! Hooray!

I've had the same issue for some time now too, keen to hear when it's resolved

For the users still receiving this message--have any of you done a complete reinstall lately? 

You can find full instructions right here: https://www.spotify.com/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

It's key that your original app is completely removed before installing again. This process should clear your cache and as well as the trial message. 

three weeks have passed now. the bug stull persists. did a complete reinstall as to instructions linked by meredith. does not work.

Is this some sort of spotify credentials vs. facebook credentials issue? could the users impacted by this bug(!) specify if they all use their fb credentials? me personally, have no true "spotify credentials" as I registered during the forced facebook account phase in germany. or maybe I do? who knows? I have not found out, yet.

as long as it does not impact functionality I am fine with the status quo, but somehow i have the glooming feeling that this might pose a problem in future releases. 

stephan

Hi,

I have purchased a premium account but it is still showing I am using a trial version. Everything is ok on my disk top but the premium fetures dont work om my iPhone?

PLS help..

@ohkw wrote:

Hi,

I have purchased a premium account but it is still showing I am using a trial version. Everything is ok on my disk top but the premium fetures dont work om my iPhone?

PLS help..

Strange. Have you tried simply reinstalling the app?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I have just purchased Premium on my pc but on my iphone it still says Trial.

Any ideas why please?

@pipertiki65 wrote:

I have just purchased Premium on my pc but on my iphone it still says Trial.

Any ideas why please?

Have you tried logging out and back in again? 

Sometimes it can take a while for your subscription to appear on all devices. If its still not working, a clean reinstall might also help.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Does it disepears efter 3h or whats the deal?

Regards,

Fred

I had one year free Premium when i bought my Iphone with a Telia abenemang from Dialect. Have used it om Iphone and Ipad for since februari but now suddenly it seems to have change to a free instead, my playlists are still there but when I try to play the there comes a sign that I have to get Premium , but, I should have 2 more months to go! Also when I play on my computer now there come commercials, this makes me mad, what to do?

I had one year free Premium when i bought my Iphone with a Telia abenemang from Dialect. Have used it on Iphone and Ipad  since februari 2012 but now suddenly it seems to have change to a free instead, my playlists are still there but when I try to play  there comes a sign that I have to get Premium , but, I should have 2 more months to go! Also when I play on my computer now there come commercials, this makes me mad, what to do?

I have the same symptoms as the OP on my account, btw 

- started trial on iOS

- upgraded to Premium on web

- OS X App shows Premium status

- iOS app (both iPhone and iPad) say "trial ended"

Hey there guys, I just paid for the Premium version and I am not able to use it on my iPhone. I am receiving a "Only Premium users can stream on demand" message. Any help?

@EC wrote:
Hey there guys, I just paid for the Premium version and I am not able to use it on my iPhone. I am receiving a "Only Premium users can stream on demand" message. Any help?

Hey! 🙂

Have a read at this topic.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've been getting this issue for a while. I was previously told they'd be able to fix the constant "premium trial ended" message on their end, but still haven't had it fixed. I am subscribed (yearly), and have been experiencing this issue for several months now. Please fix this, thanks.

Hi guys, i got one of those 3 months premium giftcards, and i logged it in and it said everything was fine, but now it says trial ended. After two days. Help?

@Justin12345 wrote:
Hi guys, i got one of those 3 months premium giftcards, and i logged it in and it said everything was fine, but now it says trial ended. After two days. Help?

Hi. Can you just check to see what it shows on your account overview page?

It says i am using spotify free. What the hell -___- what do i do now?

Don't panic! Is it possible that you have logged in using different credentials? Often happens which is why I ask. Try logging out then back in using your facebook login of email address and password. If that doesn't work, then try logging in with your spotify username and password.

You are a saint. I love you. And i feel like an idiot.

Suggested posts